I have a 2007 Honda Odyssey EX and the engine light keeps coming on and the batt

1. profile image60
    LisaG64posted 5 months ago

I have a 2007 Honda Odyssey EX and the engine light keeps coming on and the battery light comes on.

The battery light goes on and off.  Since mid-July I've replaced the Battery, Alternator, Power Steering Pump and Hose, 2 O2 Sensors along with a diagnostic test to make sure nothing else was wrong. Now, I get the codes that come up showing "catalyst bank 1" and something about PCM/ECM - sorry, don't remember exact or exact code numbers.  Any idea what's wrong and cost to repair?

2. WheelScene profile image92
    WheelSceneposted 5 months ago

It could be one of many issues but typically "bank codes" mean a ignition coil, spark plug or oxygen sensor. It can be tricky to diagnose. I would ask a friend or family member for a shop they trust and get a second opinion, many shops will gladly let you throw money at the problem, but this isn't in your best interest. Getting a few quotes helps to weed out the cash hungry shops.

Good luck, happy hubbing! smile

3. Emissionguy profile image84
    Emissionguyposted 4 months ago

If you are living in an area that has emissions testing requirement then you might need to spend serious money on a catalytic converter or try to work around it.

A battery light is generally a sign of a faulty alternator. Perhaps you might need to switch the alternator again (warranty?)

Ask another question when you get the other fault code.