How To Find A Job Using Twitter
How To Twitter
How To Twitter Search
21 st century recession has seen many being handed the pink slips. Job searching just got more crowded. Enter the new online social media. Going viral and mobile is the need of the hour to find that dream job. Online social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin are seeing a spurt in the number of users. And it is not just social and cultural interactions,but a way to search for people, jobs,support groups for those laid off,job fairs,etc,...With the popularity of these networking sites exploding online, many recruiters are known to use these services in finding their ideal candidates as well. Job leads and networking events are not missed once you enter the world of twitter.
Do you twitter?
If you already are using this tool, you may want to know how to effectively narrow down searches for finding jobs specific to you. And for those uninitiated as yet, twitter is a microblogging service that allows users to send 140-character messages at a time. You do not have to be glued to your laptop or PC , you can sign up for the mobile service and you never will miss another tweet. Tweets are received by all those who follow you. And followers are usually of a particular topic of interest of yours,as quoted in your profile.
How does one promote oneself on twitter?
Once you create your profile, with keywords related to your field of interest or profession, you have to find people to follow you. It would be wise to use the search for people feature on twitter to find people who share your interest and also companies and recruiters in the same field.
- Link to your resume.
- Enumerate career goals.
- Outline your qualifications, experiences and skills.
Who should you follow on twitter?
- You can use Twitter to follow recruiters or companies of interest and learn of networking events.
- You can follow websites that hire for a certain geographical area or country.
- You can choose to follow people of the same profession or related profession.
- Follow career consultants.
How To Make The Most Of Your Twitter Page
Candidates and companies today are taking maximum advantage of online social media such as twitter to increase their online presence and using this in addition to the traditional methods of doing a job search or recruitment.
Your twitter page needs to stand out among the rest. This creates an interest to the visitor and hopefully a recruiter.
- Your 160 character twitter bio can be your job pitch. Use of a professional looking avatar adds to the interest. And don't forget to tweet! About your job search! If you are interested in jobs of a particular geographical area, make sure you tweet about it too.
- Your twitter background needs to look professional as well. Look for a good template that matches you.
- You must include a link to your online CV or resume from your twitter bio.
- Establish your credibility as an expert in your field, and never misrepresent yourself.
A Word Of Caution!
Recruiters are on the constant lookout for the ideal candidates to fit a particular job profile, and they may contact you. It is necessary for you to look up their websites about the companies they represent and also tweet to find out their credibility offline as well before you proceed further.
Yes, even during this recession I know of several companies that are hiring. And twitter is the new resource to be put to use in your next job search and the results are dependent on how you project yourself and let others tweet about you as well. Just learn to TWEET and RETWEET!