- Business and Employment»
- Small Businesses & Entrepreneurs»
- Home-Based Businesses
How to Make Millions, Online, At Home, or In the Office.
Your Attitude is Everything
The basic formula that is almost foolproof today is attitude, attitude, attitude and, own your own business. Do something online,and make Real Estate investments. This is step one in how to make millions.
If you are really serious about becoming a millionaire, you will need to have the right attitude. This is an absolute must! It sounds easier and cornier that it actually is!
If you are in America, you are living in the land of opportunity. Yes, it still is. It is not as easy as it once was, however, going from rags to riches is still being done.
Starting out with nothing and earning big money is entirely possible, but first, before even considering how you will go about becoming a millionaire, you must have the right attitude in every aspect of your life.
If you have been marching the streets over the past several months chanting, "tax the rich"!, pack it in. Keep doing what you are doing, or go punch a time clock for someone else, because this very attitude will kill any creative business ideas that you attempt. It is completely negative and suggests that achievement is evil. If deep down in your heart you believe that earning a lot of money is evil, how are you going to tolerate yourself as a millionaire? You need to genuinely respect and admire those who achieve and have an open minded, curious attitude towards the accumulation of wealth, if you want to be more than just another face in the angry mob.
- Have you ever heard of the power of positive thinking? I am sure that you have. These are not just a bunch of nice words to make you feel better when you are low, these are words to live by. I will even take it one step further and say, think positive and think big! I realize that currently in America there is a trend to feel sorry for one's self and say, "rich people are lucky, and rich people were born that way." This is the greatest method of staying poor that I can think of. I would like you to think about some people you know who you have witnessed saying this. I will bet you anything that they will achieve very little in life. I have no doubt that anyone who speaks of the "evil rich people" and of how "little people have no chance" has just given themselves an excuse for underachieving. First of all, If they point out that anyone who has money is evil, then why would anyone want to be a rich evil person? Also, if they discredit hard working brain stormers such as the Romney family, then they let themselves off the hook for why they have failed to achieve.
Why am I taking the time to explain this? Because it is the foundation. If this blog were about building a house I would most definitely start with the foundation. Your attitude will make or break you right now!
Believe in the American dream and it will believe in you.
Real Life "Attitude" Examples
If you are skeptical about the possibilities, and have been conditioned to think that being born with a silver spoon is the only real way to experience wealth, listen to this...
When I was barely in my 20's, I overheard by boss talking on the phone to Real Estate Agents about buying some property. He was a Dentist who owned his own successful dental practice and was now getting together with some business partners to develop some neighborhoods just outside of Los Angeles. I was going to school, working, and had a genuine interest in how to get ahead. Having come from a European household of immigrant parents, I did not really know what to do in the world, but I paid enough attention to realize that Americans did things to get ahead, and I wanted to be in on it.
I made a point of having conversations with my boss as often as possible. When I talked to a friend of mine about wishing to go into Real Estate( I did so because I thought he could possibly be a business partner), he said, "that rich guy was born with all that money and can do whatever he wants" forget about buying property!
I came to learn that my boss came from a poor family with an alcoholic father. He had 2 brothers and one sister, and their church donated canned goods and old clothes to their mother because everyone knew how hard up she was.
So much for the "he was born lucky" story!
They were a Mormon family, who had some moral support from the church, (all but the alcoholic father) and each one of those kids became wealthy. One of the brothers is now a Judge, the other is a Pharmacist, and the sister has a Business degree. The American dream became a reality for all four of those kids.
But back to my little dilemma of wanting to go into Real Estate. I talked to three young friends and tried to get them interested into buying some homes in Pomona and flipping them for profit. I will never forget the astonished looks on their faces. "I don't want to pay $60K for a house"! Believe it or not, the market was down and homes were going for that low price. I was trying to tell them that we did not need to buy the whole thing outright, and my spiel fell on deaf ears because they were focused on the weekend, not their lives, and had 101 excuses, such as "I don't want to have to work on a house on the weekend."
I ended up doing the whole thing by myself, and now those friends are looking at me as though I am a wizard. They would love to get into a business proposition with me today, but there is no way I would even consider it because I left them behind years ago when they showed me that the only way they are interested in success, is if it slaps them across the face some day, in other words, lottery! These people are nice and fun, but when it comes to our lives we are different. They voted for Obama in 2008 "hoping for change", and I face each day making changes happen for myself. The only difference between us is attitude.
To get ahead you must be determined and focused. It takes hard work, but its worth it.
Make Money Passively
Make Money Online or Socializing
The Rules of the Money Game
- Understand the value of money. Don't spend what you don't have and make the most of what you have. I have some poor friends who won't be seen without BMW, and a Louis Vuitton purse. Don't spend money on the newest i phone and the latest fashions. This is the quickest way to lose control and never gain what it takes to propel yourself into greatness.( Remember, the Joneses are in debt.) There are some great books out there that are great for keeping your motivation and discipline. The Millionaire Next Door, by Thomas Stanley, and Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki, are great reads to set yourself straight when it comes to day to day living.
- Work for yourself. People do not get rich by working for someone else. You must think about what you can do, and be the entrepreneur. It could mean opening up a tanning salon, a nursery, or a janitorial service. Getting rich with a business is not just for doctors and Lawyers. The reason I mentioned those particular three enterprises is because I know people who became millionaires by starting these businesses. My friend dropped out of college while working in a tanning salon as a teenager. She earned her estheticians license in a few months, and opened a tanning salon that has grown into 5 tanning salons providing skincare.
Also, multi level marketing companies are on the rise and despite what you may have heard all your life about "pyramid schemes", people are getting rich and earning more money passively through these companies all the time. As I said at the beginning of this article. Its your attitude that will make or break you when it comes to MLM. Legal Shield became even more popular and famous after Jodi Arias killed her ex boyfriend Travis Alexander. The reason for this is that Travis was a relatively wealthy man for a guy in his 20s. He owned a five bedroom house and drove a BMW, yet seemed to have time on his hands. That is because Travis had been an associate with Legal Shield for at least three years. To join a super team at Legal Shield just click. .. Legal Shield Team Kim. You will be supported in every effort that you make.
About the nursery- a girlfriend I know was recently married to a man who owned a nursery. That was all I knew. I was driving to their home to go out for dinner with them, and I was shocked when suddenly I was driving up a large hill and came to a 15 foot high electric gate with their last name on it. I pressed the code and drove for several yards before I could see signs of their enormous mansion, where there were about 3 trucks parked around the premises that had the name of the nursery displayed. Now that I know her husband well, I can say, he knows how to think big, really big.
Finally, I know a couple who started a janitorial service right after high school. Their accounts consist of homes that are cleaned during the day and offices that are cleaned at night. As I have been mentioning, "thinking big is what will make you excel". There are house cleaners, flower shop owners, and small business owners who just maintain a status quo, and copy what others in their business are doing. That will not bring you to the top of the heap.
3. Invest. One of the big differences between rich people and those who do not get ahead, is that they invest their money. Pay attention to what is out there. A simple investment is better than nothing. One of the reasons I decided to include this here was that I mentioned that I had a few CDs in a particular Money Market account, and the women I was talking to all looked at me as if I were from another planet. They did not even know what a CD, or a money market account from a credit union was. If they had put some of their savings into one, they could have gained around 4% over the past 4 years. Don't forget gold. I had some gold that I bought years ago, and last year I had the money from cashing in my gold to buy a business outright. While those who are addicted to spending were completely broke, I was able to buy a business at a decent price because I made an investment years ago. The beauty of this whole transaction is, I did not buy depreciation. I used money that was gained in the investment and bought a business that has already increased in value.
4. Have a blog. Whether or not you intend to run a million dollar blog, or just have one for promoting your brand, web traffic, and passive income, you should not ignore this lucrative avenue to earn money while you sleep. Here is a list of bogs that are making big money. I have provided a brief list including the most lucrative, and others that are just beginning, but, showing potential. It is worth looking into as a plan "B" for your business, to provide information and collect through affiliates, promote an e-book, or just to establish yourself as the expert in your field.
- Mashable.com-This is a professional bog that brings in over 15K per day, using advertising banners.
- pinupgirlworkout- A recent blog that was started by a medical professional, presenting methods to become fit, lose weight without dieting, and be eternally youthful. This blog is new and gaining popularity.
- Smartpassiveincome.com - This site makes over $600 per day through affiliate sales.
- RedState- Red State Erick Erickson is the author, and presents a very professional political blog worth looking at just to see an example of a highly professional blog that is well put together.
- Craftzine- Author Clair Sinclair, was nominated as one of the top women bloggers who makes a good amount of money through advertising on her blog.
5. Dabble in Real Estate. Just about every millionaire who I personally know, invests in Real Estate. This is a great way to gain wealth. Common sense and some basic knowledge are important, when considering a Real Estate purchase. Buying Real Estate is still the quickest, and most secure way of getting rich.
Millionaire Blogging on amazon
Amazon - Making Millions for Dummies
More Money, Better Attitude
The decision to become a millionaire is a conscious one. You are not going to just work and work and wake up one day and say, "wow, I have made it. Where did all this money come from?" Just about everyone who has truly succeeded in creating wealth has consumed themselves with the subject.
Think of this as your education. Read all you can about the subject and stay focused.
If you plan on using a blog to promote your business you may want to consider writing here at Hubpages too. This site is ranked very highly with Google and you can link articles to your blog whenever relevant. To open your Hubpages profile CLICK HERE!
Always remember that time is money. Do not squander time. That is the element that life is made out of.
In order to become a millionaire it is important to understand that you cannot achieve this goal with a job. No matter what it is. There are high paying jobs, but not really any millionaire jobs in which you will be taking in 35,000 per day. How many people do you know who are rich because they have a job? One of the first things people will tell you when you need more money is, "get a job." The truth is a job will keep you trapped in a situation in which you are being given an allowance that keeps you well fed and uninspired. Similar to what happens to children when parents give an allowance without any chores or teaching to go along with it. If you have children, do not neglect to Teach Children Money. It will save both you and them heartache, and headache when they are older.
This means you should be careful about getting a job. Sometimes getting a job to help pay the bills while building your business is the only way, but when most people have a job, they give up on everything else and become content spending what they make. The only way to make millions is to have a business, not a job. It can be a solid business in which you have live customers or an online business. The important thing is that it is yours and you will have the control as to how big and successful it is.
The attitude mentioned above, "think big", is going to be very important when it comes to whether or not your business generates millions or not. My friend is a professional photographer who thinks small. He is extremely talented, but he refers to himself as a "little guy,' or "small potatoes," when talking about himself. The first thing that presentation does is it leads others to view you as nothing special. This friend of mine was talking to one of his friends who was also a photographer and just happened to think big. They were both attending photography classes together when the big thinking photographer made comments such as, "when my business gets going, I will sell DVDs, and I will not give away too much information, just enough to keep them buying by things.' The small thinking photographer could not believe what he was hearing and said, "what are you talking about, this is pure fantasy, do you think people are going to be interested in asking you questions like you are some kind of big shot? These days that big thinking photographer has exactly what he planned on having, a huge and successful photography business that he works in his studio and online through youtube and social media. He is considered a photography guru and people are constantly bombarding him for tips on what to do.
So, regardless of what kind of business you start, you must think of yourself as the king of this business structure. When The Pool Nanny was first launched in San Diego, they were up against small "pool guys." The Pool Nanny wanted to bring respectability to a business that is often haphazard and unprofessional. There was a long fight to set themselves apart from the sole proprietor/small potatoes guys. - The image of a single guy trolling the streets for beer money is so firmly in the minds of people that The Pool Nanny was the only one thinking of itself as something else. With the attitude, presentation, and reputation, they became known as THE respectable and professional pool business, not just your average "pool guy."
Write and Promote an ebook
If you are an expert in anything that you believe there is a market for, you should consider writing and marketing an ebook. Some people have earned six figures within one year of launching their unique ebook. As an entrepreneur you should always be interested in passive income. There is nothing like having passive income. Your time is of utmost importance, and when you can take time away from work and still have some money coming in, that is when you have made a smart move with your investment. Taking the time to put together a well written book that helps people learn about something that you can teach can be the best move you have ever made.
A Final Word
If you have decided mentally that you are going to become a millionaire, then congratulations to you. All you really need now is to keep that attitude. Read good motivational books to keep the focus. Sometimes a good seminar will do wonders for fueling the fire.
Most people do not have what it takes to become a millionaire because they lack attitude, while others can get themselves pumped up, and then excitedly tell their friends and family about their plans only to hear negative and bubble bursting comments. You absolutely must ignore those comments, and have conversations with like minded people.
Check out From Debt to Net from time to time. This will keep you on track emotional, intellectually, and its free.
Always pay attention and be interested in the Best Entrepreneurs of all time. Read books about their lives and their discipline. It will keep you motivated and and focused.
Whether you like him or not, Donald Trump is worth listening to and some of his books are very good on the subject of making money and thinking big.
Some of the classic motivational and financial books ever written will constantly keep your mind from slipping back into lazy patterns. Read- The Best Motivational Books.
Helpful Articles & Inspirational Entrepreneurs
- Famous Entrepreneurs. The Men Who Built Hollywood
Hollywood Entrepreneurs, Louis B Mayer, Adolph Zukor, Samuel goldwyn, and Harry Cohn. The Hollywood Entrepreneurs who made Hollywood
- Women in Business. Female Entrepreneurs
Women have always been business. Male counterparts still dominate the business industry which is why women in business are so intriguing. A few women come to mind, Jenny Craig, Lucille Ball & Mary See
- Easy Money; 10 Ways To Make Money Online From Home
Ultimately, having a blog that generates money is the goal, however, they take time and a lot of experience to manage. If you are new to making money online, here are a few ways to get your feet wet, by showing you that its easy to make money online
- The Key to Smart Real Estate Property Investments, And Accumulating Wealth
Be a smart Real Estate Investor. Real Estate Investing has potential for high dollar wealth accumulation. Here is the key to smart real estate investing-Flipping, Buying and Holding and Foreclosures. Follow the key and you will become a smart real es