- Business and Employment»
- E-Commerce & How to Make Money Online
How to Make a Profitable Site
How to Make a Profitable Website
There are lots of ways to make money online. As an Internet Marketer who makes 100% of his income online - that's right, I'm a full-time online entrepreneur - I want to handout a piece of advice to all of you that want to win a little extra spending money online - or wish to make a career out of it.
The profit avenue I want to discuss here is the money website, one of my favorite ways to generate money. Let's take a look at what you need to do to make sure you keep your numbers rolling.
Starting your money website
First off I want to carve something deep within your skull, and that's that you won't get results right away. This is a source of profit that will require little effort to maintain, but it requires massive amounts of effort to start. The good news? It also has the potential to generate massive amounts of profit - but be ready to work a lot for cents at first. Still there? Good, then let's proceed.
Get a cheap hosting and domain combo and make sure you have at least one MySQL database and unlimited bandwidth and hosting space - there are lots of companies that provide this for low prices.
Register your domain and set up Wordpress - Make sure you have done your keyword research and that you know where are you going to compete.
How to get Traffic to your Money Site
Now I want to give you some ideas on how to get traffic to your site.
If you do this, not only will you get traffic but you will also get authority, backlinks and credibility.
- Place images of your own on the site: If you do this you can post them on Tumblr with your site as the source URL. When people reblog them they will still have your URL and when other people reblog the reblogged images, they will still have your URL on the source... and so on, viral! Isn't that cool? And hosting your own images with tags will get you traffic from Google Images as well.
- Do some social bookmarking: This will help your site to get indexed quickly and give you some great backlinks (think Digg, Stumbleupon and so on...)
- Share content and get some love back: Now, as a webmaster who is just starting you have to seek the goodwill of already established webmasters and bloggers on your niche. How can you get on their good side? Share content. Write unique articles and offer them to other sites free - only ask for a backlink to your site. This will get you "Google Juice", credibility and good networking opportunities.
- Seek High PR Directories: Get indexed on their database (think Technorati and DMOZ), this will get you a high quality backlink and increased visibility.
Growing is the Key: Keep Scaling
Search Engines like updated pages, so yo won't get results with a "set and forget" site or blog. You have to constantly post new content, especially articles (Search Engines love text).
Another thing you should be aiming for is to constantly hunt for good quality backlinks - PR6 and higher. Don't forget that even if they are hard to get, it adds up pretty quickly. Yeap... one of the things I love about the internet is that everything you do compounds and adds up to every little thing you have done before.
Even this hub I wrote will add up views and earnings to my hubpages account. Everything adds up.
Good Luck with your project.