Job Description of a Web Designer
A Complete Job Description of a Web Designer
A web designer does many things, whether it be helping a web developer on a project or designing the best layout for the homepage. Here is a list of duties, skills, and salary of a professional web designer.
So What Does A Web Designer Do From Day to Day?
If you want to be a professional web designer then here is a generalization of what duties you will be doing from day to day. These are the typical duties when working for a fortune 500 company or corporation.
- Listen to the director of the corporations and make sample websites that achieve the targeted goals of the director
- Work toward company goals of a company that caters to a specific niche market.
- Work hand in hand with the web development team to achieve the best results when designing a website.
- Work on multiple projects at a time and have them done by a specific deadline in an efficient manner.
- Be a great team player that works well with other towards a common goal.
- Use CSS and HTML for carrying out projects.
Benefits of Being a Professional Web Designer
Being a professional web designer has many perks not only in the job world but also in the freelance world. Benefits such as good retirement plans, paid time off, and an opportunity to move up the corporate ladder. Here is a list of great benefits given to web designers from their jobs.
- Paid Time Off: An average web designer has usually around 9-12 holiday days per year.
- A Good Retirement Plan: Includes a 401K plan.
- Health Insurance: A great health insurance package for you and maybe even your family.
- A possibility of promotion in the company for higher pay.
How Much Does a Web Designer Make On Average?
There are three positions associated with being a professional web designer. These positions include a Senior Web Designer, Junior Web Designer, and Associate Web Designer.
Associate Web Designer usually makes anywhere from $45,000 to $65,000 dollars per year.
Junior Web Designer who are more experienced make around $55,000 to $80,000 a year in a good company.
The Senior Web Designer is the most highly paid professional of them all, making anywhere from $80,000 to $90,000 dollars a year.
What First Steps You Can Take to Start Your Web Designer Career Path:
Now that you have a clear understanding of a job description of a web designer, you can take the first steps to achieving success and maybe even getting a highly paid job in the future! Start learning basic code HTML and CSS and learn the building blocks of every webpage on the internet. I highly recommend this top selling book called by Jon Duckett. He know the ins and outs of HTML and CSS, which are the best tools to use for building professional websites. If you need more help with web design then look at this step by step guide on "HTML and CSS: Design and Build Websites"how you can learn web design and start building websites today!
For More Great Information Regarding Web Design Visit
- Web Design Blog - Helping you Succeed in Web Design
The ultimate source for a web designer looking for an informative web design blog that helps you become better and more successful as a web designer.