- Business and Employment»
Kontera: Hubpages Original Con-Textual Revenue Solution
What is that weird little advertiser called…COnTeerrra? Am I even saying that right? Kon-ter-a, maybe its Ko-nter-a? Well that’s not important, the good thing about being on a computer is that you don’t need to pronounce it, just spell it right and hope for the best. Anyway-you’re here to learn about Kontera. What it is, how it will make you money, and why use it. It really can bring in cash, lets see if I can’t educate you a little about Kontera!
Warning: I can not teach you how to say it if you don’t know, sorry but that I can’t do because I don’t know if I am saying it right =).
What is Kontera?
Kontera is the leading advertiser of in-context ads. There ads are PPC just like ad sense and many others. But Kontera is different. Kontera’s ads are in-text ads that make a pop up window with the advertising content by rolling your mouse over it. They introduce a new way of advertising.
Kontera’s advanced system on in-text pay per click ads guarantee the highest degree of relevancy between content, keywords, and ads! There system is called ContentLink. What can ContentLink do for us? Let’s see:
- Better Relevancy Delivering an Improved ROI – Kontera’s advanced Pay Per Click Advertising technology guarantees the highest degree of relevancy between content, keywords and your ads. That’s why ContentLink™ gives your ads better conversion rates, improving your ROI.
- An Informational User Experience – The cognitive association between the keyword and your ad improves the click-through and conversion rates in your ContentLink™ keyword link.
- Branding with Logos and/or Images – ContentLink™ Ads allow you to add a logo, image or other graphic elements which are seen whenever the reader mouses-over your keyword link.
- Cost Per Click Accountability – Even when a user mouses-over your keyword link and is exposed to your brand, you only pay when a customer actually clicks on your ad. To change your placement, change your bid for placement just like you do with other PPC advertising programs.
- More Characters than other Pay Per Click Ad programs – Tired of the headaches you get trying to fit your sales message into a PPC text ad? ContentLink™ gives you more characters for your ad than ANY leading PPC ad program.
- As Easy as any Pay Per Click Ad Program – Update your In-Text Advertising campaigns or placement bids in minutes with the help of Kontera’s dedicated account management and customer support teams.
- Advanced Auto-Optimization and Geo-Targeting – Kontera’s technology enables campaign auto-optimization of keywords to content to improve your campaign results as the system ‘learns’ your marketing needs. International Geo-Targeting further improves your relevancy and in turn, your results.
How will Kontera earn us money?
Kontera is like ad sense, they use PPC (Pay Per Click) advertising. If a user clicks the ad you get a commission from referring them to that site. A simple way of looking at this is Google Ad Sense in Text ads, and the company is Kontera and not Google.
(Note: Hubpages Team conducted a test and the results is 10-20% in revenue increase!)
The inside workings of Kontera, How there technology works!
· Extraction: A typical analysis process begins by extracting all the relevant page content and attributes, including: text, HTML properties, location on page, URL, Title, Meta tags, custom Meta tags, etc. Every such attribute conveys a specific weight to the algorithms that analyzes the data.
· Discovery: The extracted data is then scanned through the discovery process in relationship to the proprietary taxonomy and via a dynamic part-of-speech analysis to identify keyword relationships and significance.
· Classification: The page and its best matching keywords are classified with their best matching topics, and both keywords and topics are scored for relevancy.
· Ranking: The resulting output of keywords and topics are then ranked, based not only on keyword and topic relevancy but on other parameters as well. These parameters include: topic and keyword conversion rate and click-through rate, advertisement CTR, advertisement conversion and revenue potential.
· Self-Learning Optimization: The self-learning and tuning module automatically performs yield management and optimization. This process is based on real-time analysis of user reactions to specific keywords, topics, and ads as they relate to specific web pages and topics. In Text Ad impressions are then re-distributed in order to assign more impressions to the keywords that are performing better. This self-learning stage completes the cycle of Kontera´s contextual advertising technology granting it its unique
Questions & Answers:
Q. Did you see whether there is a threshold earnings level at which you have to reach before payout (like Google)? -asked by New Day. A. Yes, there is a set limit of earning $100 before a payout for that month. If you have a Question I will do my best to get an answer and I will also add it to this section. To ask me simply leave a comment or contact me here. (Make sure you read it right and include the . and _)
Now you know what Kontera is, How do you sign up?
Good Question, to sign up for Kontera you need to go to THIS SITE (http://www.kontera.com/ads-for-site/become-a-kontera-publisher) and fill out an application. It’s that simple! Once approved just import your affiliate code on Hubpages and your ready to advertise the Kontera Way!
All bulleted infomation, and image Copyright Kontera.
Kontera In-Text Ads
Thank You for reading my Hub!
Just as an ending note, many people have had problems with Kontera. Personally, I think it should only be used as a fill-in for Google Adsense, if you can't put adsense on a page OR if you can't get an adsense account. I leave Kontera on one Hub so I keep the account open, but a company that has the right to keep your profits if there under $5 a month really isn't that great.
I appercaite all comments! Please tell me what your thinking or if you like\dislike the Hub!
Check out my other Hubs HERE!
Kontera as a company is closed.
This page is still here as a reminder of what was once an opportunity for earning on Hubpages. The company itself failed and got bought out by a new company. Hubpages haven't used this ad platform for many, many years.