New Hampshire - Insurance and Finance In a Recovering Economy
Finance, Insurance, and Healthcare Jobs
New Hampshire industry is diverse and provides a wealth of career options and job openings for state residents and those that might like to move into the state. The Healthcare Industry is a major leader in providing the Top 20 Jobs in New Hampshire for many years into the future, with hospitals and clinics among the Top 20 Employers in the State.
Financial Services and Products are also high on the list in the Top 20 Jobs and Employers. Fidelity Investments and Liberty Mutual Insurance offer numerous positions in the sales and administration of life insurance, health insurance, auto insurance, mutual funds, annuities, securities, college financing products, employee benefits packages, mortgages, home insurances and a wide range of related precuts and services.
Downtown Manchester NH
Manufacturing in NH
Manufacturing of various kinds is a large part of the private sector that creates hundreds of new jobs each year, For example, Sanders Associates, located in Nashua, NH manufactures electronic equipment, a popular and high demand item. Aside from the Top 20 Employers, there are other important companies doing business in the state. Ingersoll-Rand manufactures heavy machinery in the same locale for creating plastic moldings and environmental pollution control systems.
Digital Equipment Corporation was purchased as a company Compaq in the city of Salem and manufactures computers, a lucrative industry that provides many jobs. Miniature Precision Ball Bearings is located in Lebanon and manufactures bearings for navigational equipment. Phas-R Laser Company develops custom lasers. Anheuser-Busch is a large company in Merrimack and is famous for its various beers. Another company, Felton Inc., is located in Manchester NH and offers manufacturing and design services.New England Homes in Portsmouth produces prefabricated houses.
Manchester - Nashua Business Corridor
Specialized Skills Required in New Hampshire
Many local industries need skilled workers that are trained and knowledgeable in their field of employment - specialists, actually. Many of the steps in the manufacturing and production process need concentration and patience, with precise movements in tight areas. Additional steps require skilled hand movements, good eyesight and superior concentration.
Specialized skilled required in New Hampshire production and manufacturing include metal cutting, precision tool work, welding and other trade skills that need on the job training in a medium or long duration and often, vocational college or a training school. Some of these are unionized jobs and offer apprentice programs.
During training for skilled occupations, successful learners amass transferable skills that can benefit cities and towns across New Hampshire. Many of the products produced in the state are shipped to other site in the USA and even across the globe, indicating a high quality and a high demand that will keep these industries alive while developing new jobs and careers in the associated industries. The application of production and manufacturing to the newer "green industries" and space exploration and habitation adds further options and opportunities to workers and career professionals in New Hampshire.
New Hampshire is a center for environmental improvement and nature conservancy, contributing to green industries as much as to the Tourism Industry.
- White Mountain National Forest Service
- Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests
- New Hampshire Division of Forests and Lands
- New Hampshire Natural Heritage Inventory
- NH Fish and Game Department
- Audubon Society of NH
- The Nature Conservancy - This is especially a large agency that tends to maintain and improving natural elements like rivers, bays, the Appalachian Trail, mountains, forests, and highlands.
- UNH Cooperative Extension Forestry and Wildlife Resources
- NH State Forest Nursery
- NH Wildlife Federation
- NH Project Learning Tree
- Maple Producers
New Hampshire is also home to an active State Nuclear Industry that creates alternative power sources and continually develops new jobs.
Alternative Energy and Sustainability
- Important indicators in New Hampshire for addressing alternative sources of fuel and energy appear below. In addition, these are signs of the importance of developing green industries and related businesses, along with developing jobs and training programs for workers in these expanding industries.
New Hamphire Links
- Visit New Hampshire - NH Travel, Tourism and Vacation Guide - New Hampshire Tourist Vacations, Attra
Visit New Hampshire (NH) is the best online travel, tourism and vacation guide for New Hampshire. Tourist information for New Hampshire vacations, attractions, events, activities, hotels, places to visit and things to do. A Visit New England site.
High Demand Jobs
Top 10 Leading Companies advertising for the most workers in New Hampshire, with their most advertised high demand jobs:
United States Air Force - Healthcare Positions
- Clinical Psychologists
- Clinical Social Workers
- Physician Assistants
- Public Health Officers
Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Sales Representatives
- IT Project Managers
- Software Development
- Managers - various fields
- Software Developers
- Technologists in Software
- Development Staff
- Business Systems Analysts
- Claims Adjusters
- Insurance Assistants
- Senior Software Developers
- Software Developers for Java
- Product Consultants
- Software Engineer Strategists
- Quality Sr. Engineers
- Storage Development Techs
- Senior Engineers
- Dell Compellent Product Consultants
- Field Marketing Sr.Advisors
- Product Sr. Advisors
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapy Assistants and Aides
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Assistant Program Managers
- Staff Nurses (RNs)
- Medical Assistants
- Advanced Practice Nurses
- Staff Physicians
- Clinical Secretaries
- Ambulatory Care Nurses
- LNAs - Licensed Nursing Assistants
- Unit Support Assistants
New England Physician Recruitment Center
Schneider National - Trucking
Core Medical Group
Elliot Hospital- Healthcare
- Technicians - computers and furniture
Comparison: High Demand Jobs, Previous Year
Following up the long-term NH employment and job advertising trends from early 2006 to Spring 2014, we find the following highest demand jobs in New Hampshire among 34,400 listings aggregated from all Internet sources. The number of jobs advertised increased by 100% from 2006 to 2014.
Many jobs are advertised and available in Food/Dining, Retail Sales, and Healthcare.
- Physical Therapists
- CDL Truck Drivers
- Occupational Therapists
- Store Managers and Assistant Managers - Retail and Dining
- Nursing Assistants (CNAs)
- Sales Associates
- Pizza Hut Jobs: Crew/Team members, Shift Managers, General and Assistant Managers
- Retail Sales Representatives
- Customer Service Representatives
- Registered Nurses (RNs), Nurse Practitioners (NP), Physician Assistants (PAs)
Native American Businesses
...are actively operating in three locations in Manchester, New Hampshire. They are operated by the nations of the Abenaki and the Pennacook,
Abenaki Indian Center, Inc.
- 381 Chestnut St., Manchester NH 03101
- (603) 644-4555
Abenaki Nation of New Hampshire
- 1001 Elm Street, Manchester NH 03101
- (603) 644-4555
Pennacook New Hampshire Tribe
- 83 Hanover Street, Manchester, NH 03101
Sports Related Opportunities in New Hampshire
New Hampshire is well known for outdoor sports.
College and High School
- New Hampshire Wildcats - Durham
University of New Hampshire - Architecture Appreciation
- Antioch New England Graduate School: Keene NH
- Chester College of New England
- Colby-Sawyer College: New London
- Daniel Webster College: Nashua
- Dartmouth College: Hanover
- Franklin Pierce College: Rindge
- Franklin Pierce Law Center: Concord
- Granite State College: Concord
- Keene State College
- Magdalen College: Warner
- New England College: Henniker
- New Hampshire Community Technical Colleges: Berlin/Laconia, Claremont, Concord, Manchester, Nashua, Pease, Stratham
- Plymouth State College
- River College: Nashua
- Saint Anselm College: Manchester
Southern New Hampshire University: Manchester
- Field-Based Graduate Program in Education: Colchester, VT
Thomas More College of Liberal Arts: Merrimack, NH + Rome, Italy
University of New Hampshire: Durham and Manchester
© 2007 Patty Inglish