- Business and Employment»
- Employment & Jobs»
- Job Searches»
- Local Job Searches
Oregon, Pacific Northwest Healthcare Jobs
The Nature of OregonClick thumbnail to view full-size
The Refreshing Pacific Northwest
Oregon is recognized as among the greenest of the green states of the USA. Full of forests and green spaces, the state offers not only jobs, but also recreation, outdoor sports, and nature appreciation. Located in the lush Pacific Northwest that encompasses Oregon, Washington, and Canada's British Columbia, this state is in a rain forest climate on the Pacific Ocean.
Northern Oregon is a short distance away from Washington and Vancouver Island, sites of many Native North American nations, as is Oregon itself. BC alone has over 600 native nations represented. This is a refreshing place to visit on vacation for relaxation and restoration of one's spirit.
Another refreshing aspect of the State of Oregon is its communities and families. These families have worked on their own to discover better and more workable techniques for managing symptoms on the Autism Spectrum Disorder, contributing to the scientific literature on the subject.
Large sand dunes are found along the coastline.
Healthcare and Resorts
Healthcare jobs and resort-hotels are expanding in the state of Oregon, specifically among the Native American Nations residing there. However, non-tribal businesses are enjoying an expanding business alongside the native owned establishments.
A large number of available jobs deal with the
- Hospitality Industry,
- Sales and Marketing,
- Information Technology (IT),
and other career fields. Travel and Tourism are responsible for sizable contributions to the state's economy.
Another 8 employment positions out of the 20 Highest-Demand Jobs in Oregon are in the Healthcare Industry and the remaining list includes a variety of different opportunities.
Highest Demand Jobs to 2020
- Digital Machinists
- Food Prep and Service Jobs
- Registered Nurses (RNs) - Healthcare positions in BOLD print.
- Full Service Wait Staff
- Janitors and Cleaners
- Account Clerks, Bookkeepers
- Medical Secretaries
- Farmworkers and related
- Secretaries and AA’s
- HHA’s and Personal Care Aides
- CDL Truck Drivers
- Teachers at the College Level
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Physician Assistants
- Survey Research Positions
Top 20 Largest Employers in Oregon
The following Oregon companies offer a steady supply of new jobs vacancies regularly, having the largest employee pools in the state.
Bold print indicates Healthcare employers.
- · University Hospital Clinics (Teaching Hospital) 14,000+ Employees
- · Doernbecher Children's Hospital 11,500+
- · Oregon State University 8,000+
- · Oregon Health Sciences University 8,000
- · Harry & David 6,500+
- · Intel Corp. 6,300
- · Hewlett-Packard 5,000+
- · Nike Inc. 5,000
- · Portland Community College 5,000
- · Portland State University 5,000
- · Tektronix Inc. 5,000
- · Emanuel Hospital & Health Center 4,000
- · Portland Intl Airport-Pdx 4,000
- · Portland St Vincent Medical 4,000
- · Providence Vincent Medical 4,000
- · Rogue Valley Medical 3,500
- · Providence Medical 3,500
- · University Of Oregon 3,300
- · Legacy Emanuel Children's Hospital 3,000
- · US Post Office 3,000 – US Federal Government.
Selected Top Employers
- Harry & David Operations Corp. Career Page. Direct marketing and e-commerce . The company also has facilities in Hebron, Ohio, Somis and Wasco, California, and 130+ Harry and David Stores in the USA. Currently employs 2,500+ year-round employees, up to 8,000 during seasonal periods. Marketing, merchandising, finance, retail management, operations management, information technology, Human Resources, and many more openings.
- Legacy Health System, located in Portland, OR, employees 8,500+ full- and part-time employees in patient care and service to. Job openings available at a large variety of associated locations.
- Nike - World's most competitive sports and fitness company. Employs over 24,300 people and needs more.
- Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) Career Site. State's only health and research university. Leading-edge health care services in the Pacific Northwest. JOB POSTINGS updated every Monday.
High Demand Jobs Are Largely in Healthcare
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Software Engineers
- Account Executives
- Sales Representatives
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Physical Therapy Assistants
- Shift Supervisors
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Healthcare Support Jobs
- Project Managers
- Physicians - Family Practice - with and without OB/GYN
- Administrative Assistants
- Physicans - Internal Medicine
Bold entries indicate concurrence with employment projections to 2018.
Oregon City and Employment Reviews
- Attractions and Employment in Corvallis OR, College Town
Jonah Seitz, a lead singer with On The Rocks men's a cappella group at the University of Oregon is originally from Corvallis. Both Corvallis and Eugene are college towns, resistant to recessions.
- Beaverton, Oregon - Home of Nike
According to Money Magazine online, Beaverton is one of the Top 100 Best Places to Live in America. However, it is also one of the most interesting cities, since it is home to NIKE sports company.
- Job Search Resources For Displaced Workers, 55+ Older Workers and Others In Portland, Oregon.
During May to June 2012, 36,000 out of 58,000 jobs listed for Oregon were located within a radius of 25 miles from. This is 62% of all available jobs in the state. many are in the Professions and higher-paying, but help is available for finding other
- Eugene, Oregon - Home Of UO's A Capella Group "On The Rocks"
The A Capella program at the University of Oregon gained a boost when their group One the roakcs appeared on a TV program called "The Sing Off." The arts are well respected in Oregon.
- Top 10 Hot Jobs in Medford, Oregon
The Medford-Ashland Metro Area in Southern Oregon serves as an economic and Medical Services hub for Southern Oregon and Northern California. Very diverse, it includes fruit orchards, shopping malls, skateboarding, firespinning, and pow wows (see the
Sports Around Oregon
College and High School
- Oregon Ducks - Eugene
- Oregon State Beavers - Corvallis
- Pacific Boxers - Forest Grove
- Willamette Bearcats - Salem
- Oregon School Activities Association
- Eugene Emeralds (A) - Eugene
- Portland Winter Hawks (WHL) - Portland
- Salem-Keizer Volcanoes (A) - Salem
- Portland Forest Dragons (AFL) - Portland
- Portland Trail Blazers (NBA) - Portland
Arenas and Stadiums
- Rose Quarter Arena - Portland
Higher Education - Colleges and Universities
- Portland State University - Portland; Portland State Online: B.S. in Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Blue Mountain Community College: Pendleton
- Cascade College: Portland
- Central Oregon Community College: Bend
- Chemeketa Community College: Salem, Oregon
- Clackamas Community College: Oregon City
- Clatsop Community College: Astoria
- Columbia Gorge Community College: The Dalles, Oregon
- Concordia University: Portland
- Corban College: Salem, Oregon
- Eastern Oregon University: La Grande
- Eugene Bible College: Eugene
- George Fox University: Newberg
- Gutenberg College: Eugene
- Klamath Community College: Klamath Falls
- Lane Community College: Eugene
- Lewis and Clark College: Portland
- Linfield College: McMinnville
- Linn-Benton Community College: Albany, Oregon
- Marylhurst University: Marylhurst
- Mount Angel Seminary: St. Benedict
- Mt. Hood Community College: Gresham, Oregon
- Multnomah Bible College and Seminary: Portland
- Northwest Christian College: Eugene
- Oregon Coast College: Newport
- Oregon Graduate Institute of Science and Technology: Beaverton
- Oregon Health and Science University: Portland. Nursing School rated in the Top 10 American Schools for Nurse Midwifing Training.
- Oregon Institute of Technology: Campuses in Klamath Falls, Portland, Fort Lewis, WA
- Oregon State University: Corvallis
- Pacific Northwest College of Art: Portland
- Pacific University: Forest Grove
- Portland Community College: Campuses in Portland, Newburg, Beaverton
- Reed College: Portland
- Rogue Community College: Grants Pass, Medford
- Southern Oregon University: Ashland
- Southwestern Oregon Community College: Coos Bay
- Tillamook Bay Community College: Tillamook, Bay City, Oregon
- Tokyo International University of America: Salem
- Treasure Valley Community College: Ontario, Oregon
- Umpqua Community College: Roseburg
- University of Oregon: Eugene
- University of Portland: Portland
- Western Oregon University: Monmouth
- Western States Chiropractic College: Portland
- Willamette University: Salem
© 2007 Patty Inglish