Find a Winter Vacation and a Job in Vermont
Best Vermont Resort: Killington and Pico
This ski report consistently offers the greatest number of job openings of all the reports in the state. The resort maintains skiing on six mountain peaks in a group, of which Killington Mountain is the highest.
Between that mountain and Pico Mountain, you wail find a golf course. major hiring seasons in this area include summer (hiking, biking, high ropes, zip line, terra-tubing, and sky-jumping) and winter (several types of skiing, snowboarding, winter biking, snowshoes, and snow-tubing).
The other mountains in the group are Bear, Ramshead, Skypeak, Snowdon, and Surprise.
Pico is found separately from the other five and about 50 miles northwest.
Vermont Adaptive Ski and Sports company is located adjacent to the resort, offering options for sports enthusiasts with special needs. Just about anyone can come to this area for a winter vacation and enjoy the outdoor sports.
Some of the 212 Ski Trails at Killington-Pico
Killington Mountain experiences an average of 250 inches of natural snowfall each year. This is great for producing a popular snow-sports attraction.
Best Winter Sports Locations
Winter-weather roller coaster, scenic gondola tours; tours by snowshoe and snowmobile. Downhill Skiing, Snowboarding, Snowmobiling, Ski Biking, Tubing. Lessons for all ages. Special Events and help with event planning.
Downhill Skiing, Snowboarding, and Snowmobiling
Stratton Mountain Resort
Downhill Skiing, Snowboarding, and Snowmobiling, with special packages and discounts
Lake Morey Resort
Cross Country Skiing and Snowmobiling
Cross Country Skiing
The Grafton Inn
Cross Country Skiing
Green Mountain Inn
Fastest Growing Industries Need Workers
The fast-growing jobs in Vermont include new jobs created in Management, Finance & Insurance, Information Technology (IT), Truck Driving in a boom lasting since 2014, Healthcare, and Vacation Resorts.
The largest single employer in the state is IBM, followed by the US Army.
Best Vermont Resorts Offering Tourism/Sports Jobs
- Killington and Pico Mountain Resort. The best winter sports resort in the state provides new jobs and a steady stream of advertised openings all year.
- Stowe Mountain Resort
- Sugarbush Resort at Warren
- Stoweflake Mountain Resort
- Woodstock Inn and Resort
- Essex Culinary Resort and Spa: Culinary academy, additional cooking classes, spa activities, and tours. 70 Essex Way Essex VT 05452
- Basin Harbor Resort and Boat Club: 4800 Basin Harbor Rd, Vergennes VT 05491
- Equinox Resort, Golf Club and Spa: 3567 Main St, Manchester Center VT 05255
- Burton Snowboards (manufacture and sales) in Burlington since 1977.
Largest Employers In Vermont
- IBM at Essex Junction, Vermont
- United States Army at Jericho
- University of VT Medical Ctr at Burlington and Berlin
- Killington Grand Resort
- Jay Peak Resort
- Mt Snow Resort West Dover
- Okemo Mountain Resort
- Rutland Regional Physician
- Rutland Regional Med Center for Rehab
- Grand Summit Hotel at West Dover
- Stratton Mountain Resort at South Londonderry
- Middlebury VT College
- Smugglers' Notch Resort at Jeffersonville
- Southwestern Vermont Medical Center at Bennington
- Air National Guard at South Burlington
Highest Demand Jobs in Data to AD 2022
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Information Security Analysts
- Computer Programmers
- Software Developers, Applications and Systems Software
- Web Developers
- Database Administrators
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Computer Network Architects
- Computer User Support Specialists
- Health and Safety Engineers
- Industrial Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Mining and Geological Engineers, Including Mining Safety Engineers
- Companies Hiring the Most Workers
- Elior North America: Food Service
- Howard Center: Support Services for the mentally ill.
- The University of Vermont Medical Center
- State of Vermont: Government Jobs
- Sodexo Inc.: Food Service
- Dollar General
- Hannaford: Upscale grocery enterprises that began as a simple fruit and vegetable stand.
- Securitas: Security Guards
- US Army National Guard
- People's United Bank
- Killington and Pico Ski Resort
- Springfield Medical Care Systems
- Central Vermont Medical Center
Highlights of Popular Companies
- Ben & Jerry's Founded by Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield in 1978 in a renovated gas station in downtown Burlington, Vermont. They now offer a progressive benefits package that includes paid family leave, health club memberships and three free pints of Vermont's Finest super premium ice cream products daily.
- King Arthur Flour - America's oldest flour is a national brand. King Arthur Flour owns The Baker's Catalogue of 1,000 professional-grade baking tools and ingredients at http://www.bakerscatalogue.com.
- NRG Systems produces wind assessment systems, tilt-up towers, instruments and sensors that measure and analyze wind speed, direction and other environmental data for wind energy projects. Hinesburg, VT. -- a new 46,000 sq. ft. 'green' facility. NRG Systems predicts it will double their workforce over the next five years. Compensation and benefits package enhances the quality of employees' lives at work and away.
- Orvis The oldest mail order company in the US opened in 1856 and expanded to U.K. Orvis has open career opportunities at headquarters and in retail stores.
Colleges and Universities
- Bennington College
- Burlington College
- Champlain College: Burlington
- College of Saint Joseph: Rutland
- Goddard College: Plainfield
- Green Mountain College: Poultney
- Landmark College: Putney. For high potential students with learning disabilities and ADD/ADHD.
- Marlboro College
- Middlebury College
- New England Culinary Institute: Montpelier, Vermont
- Norwich University - Northfield, Vermont. Civil engineering, business administration, arts in diplomacy, justice administration, information assurance, military history; also Norwich University Online.
- Saint Michael's College: Burlington
- School for International Training: Brattleboro
- Southern Vermont College: Bennington
- Sterling College: Craftsbury Common. Small, four-year college specializing in environmental studies, leadership, small-scale agriculture, Center for Northern Studies in Wolcott.
- University of Vermont: Burlington
- Vermont Law School: South Royalton
- Woodbury College: Montpelier
Vermont State Colleges System
- Castleton State College
- Community College of Vermont: Classes are held at Bennington, Brattleboro, Burlington, Middlebury, Montpelier, Morrisville, Newport, Rutland, Springfield, St. Albans, St. Johnsbury, Upper Valley, Waterbury; also Online Learning
- Johnson State College
- Lyndon State College in Lyndonville
- Vermont Technical College in Randolph Center
- Carrigan, C. Vermont is Supply Chain Hub for Largest Aerospace and Defense Companies. CISION Newswire; September 2018.
- Vermont Chamber of Commerce
© 2007 Patty Inglish MS