Why Writing Can Be Fun and Lucrative
While many people spending their lives working for others, there are some activities that provide not only money, but also recognition. One of these activities is writing.
Writing is a great activity to be involved with for several reasons:
- There is an ever growing demand for writing. While a huge number of people go to the web to find information, most content was not created having the web a target. Traditional information was created to be stored in books and magazines. Writing for the web is most done by non-professionals. Of course, journalists are writing for the web too, but they are mostly interested about news, not writing in general.
- It is an activity that you can do almost anywhere. If you have some available time and something that you can write on, you can do it. Nowadays, there are thousands of opportunities you can use to write an article, an essay, a web page, or even a whole book.
- You can monetize your writing. Thanks to the web, you don’t need to look for a publisher in order to make some money from your writing skills. You just need to create a web site and add your writing in the form of web pages. You can use many techniques to monetize your writing, but the simplest one is to use Google Adsense.
- The results of your writing you endure time. While a lot of activities are ephemeral, you can have your writing for as long as you want. For example, if you do some manual work, the result of your work will not be available for a long time. The same can be said about work for a company or other type of employer. The results of your work will be short lived, because you don’t control the outcome. But as a writer, you are the owner of the content, and you can use it in whatever form you want.
Tips to Start Writing for a Living
Here are some tips if you want to start writing for a living:
- Think of the topics that you have most interest on. These are topics that you can develop as a writer. You should avoid areas in which you don’t have any knowledge, since this can make your life much more difficult. Finding something that you like and know about, and write about it.
- Start writing for some web site. The web is truly the best place to start writing, because there is so much demand. People want to learn about anything, and if you have something to teach you will be heard.
- Start to get serious about it by allocating your time. It might be complicated at the beginning, but once you get into the habit or writing every day, it will flow easier and easier for you. It is mostly a matter of getting used to it, everyone has the capacity of transforming ideas into written words. You just need to practice it. If you spend at least a few minutes every day you will start to see your improvement. Hopefully, you will start spending more and more time on it. Eventually, you will become good enough so you can make it for a living.