Green Jobs and Healthcare in Wisconsin
Leading Industries To 2024
Healthcare and IT Are Leaders
Information technology (IT) and healthcare jobs are the fastest growing jobs overall in the Wisconsin through 2024 and beyond.
Trends within the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics indicate that these industry sectors will further increase numbers of available openings. In fact, the top 22 Jobs out of the top 25 listed for Wisconsin are all in careers within the top two sectors mentioned.
Overall, 17 of the top 25 high demand jobs In Wisconsin are in healthcare and 5 are in IT professions. This is true for 2014 - 2016 data and also for 2016 - 2018 statistics.
Nursing Jobs Expand and Evolve
The single occupation that will continue to open the most jobs is Registered Nursing (RN License). This can include a certificate and license or a 4-year degree and license.
Some positions require n MS or PhD and Nurse Practitioners (NPs) are also RNs.
Already, the job title showed over 70,000 positions available between 2012 - 2022. More men and women alike are entering the nursing professions and becoming quite successful.
The average wage for an RN can go as high as $40+/hr. and perhaps higher for private duty care. Travel Nurses earn even higher wages, along with travel reimbursement, mortgage/rent payment for up to 12 months, and additional benefits.
Many training and teaching hospitals will hire individuals in various positions and furnish their tuition for nursing school as part of the compensation package, with time off from work provided to attend classes, and many other benefits.
Nursing is a lucrative field. There is also often the option to work 2, 12-hour weekend days and have that equal a 40-hour work week. So, nursing is becoming more attractive to more people as a career.
As the American population ages overall, there will be increasing numbers of Health Care careers becoming available and being "invented" because of technology advances. One of these is the growing field of physical therapists and physical therapy assistants and P.T. aides.
More people are able to leave their house after being injured.now, because of the skills these professionals use for their therapy, and because of new devices and mobility aids that have been developed.
It is highly publicized that more American soldiers are surviving recent wars than in previous conflicts, because of advanced medical technologies. Technology is forced to come up with new solutions to make life productive and gratifying for them.
Earn the RN or BSN Degree Here:
- Alverno College - Milwaukee
- Bellin College of Nursing - Green Bay
- Cardinal Stritch University - College of Nursing - Milwaukee
- Chamberlain College of Nursing - Online RN to BSN Program
- Columbia College of Nursing - Mount Mary College - Milwaukee
- Concordia University Wisconsin - Department of Nursing - Mequon
- Edgewood College - Nursing Department - School of Nursing - Madison
- Marian College of Fond du Lac - Nursing Studies Division - Fond du Lac
- Marquette University - College of Nursing - Milwaukee
- MSOE - School of Nursing - Milwaukee
- University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire - School of Nursing - Eau Claire, Madison, and Oshkosh
- University of Wisconsin - College of Nursing - Milwaukee
- Viterbo University - School of Nursing - La Crosse
Note: All of these schools have websites for full information. Some of them offer distance learning opportuntites as well as classroom based learning.
Other Wisconsin Industries
- Organic Farming Resources for Wisconsin; Organic Farming Resources for Wisconsin
- WCI | About Us
70 years as Wisconsin's premier paper bag manufacturer in custom packaging, printing, and products
- Wisconsin Cheese Makers
Truck drivers account for one out of every 15 workers in Wisconsin.
Specific Jobs in the Highest Demand Labor Market to AD 2026
- Registered Nurses (RNs) - Includes Travel Nurses at higher pay.
- IT: Arts, design websites, logos, entertainment, sports, news media; market analysts
- Engineers, including software positions
- Truck Drivers: Heavy and tractor-trailer trucks
- Clerks: Data related
- Health Techs of all kinds
- Laborers and Material Movers
- Food prep jobs of all types and levels; also wait staff
- Janitorial and Pest Control jobs
- Healthcare Support jobs and aides of all kinds
- Operations Managers
- Top-Level Executives
- College-Level Teachers and Instructors
- Accountants and Auditors, including forensics work
- Office Support jobs
"On Wisconsin" (a fun music video)
Famous People With Careers in Wisconsin
Before he had the flamboyant clothing like Elton John, only more so, Liberace wore a black tuxedo on "The Liberace Show." I used to get up from bed at night as a small child and sneak behind a large chair in the living room to watch him play the piano.
Painter of the giant-flower portraits.
Radio and TV host. I used to watch his show every night.
I love this actor in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Author Roald Dahl didn't care much for the movie of his book, though.
Frank Lloyd Wright has been the most famous architect in America. I have read a biographical novel of him: Loving Frank by Nancy Horan that pieces together the relationship he had with the intellectual wife of one of his cents during the beginning of women's suffrage fights in the US. It is an astounding book. I have visited his Falling Water house/project in Pennsylvania and know that he was an astounding man as well. Mamah Borthwick Cheny, the client's wife, was a fascinating woman in her own right.
- Henschen, H. High demand for those in trucking industry. Madison State Journal; May 12, 2018.
- Job Centers of Wisconsin. www.jobcenterofwisconsin.com/ Retrieved November 14, 2018.
Wisconsin Green Industry Federation. www.wgif.net/ Retrieved November 14, 2018.
- WORKnet: worknet.wisconsin.gov/worknet/
- Wisconsin Jobs: www.wisconsinjobnetwork.com/
© 2007 Patty Inglish MS