You do not share ad revenue with HP. Rather you share complete page impressions. 60% of visitors to your hubs are credited to you and you get all of the income from them. The other 40% go to HP and they all the income from those impressions.
You can help the HubPages community highlight top quality content by ranking this answer up or down.