jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

An easier country to set up a business in that the US....

1. Doodlehead profile image83
    Doodleheadposted 4 years ago

I looking for another country that is easier to do business in than the US.I am ready to go....too much regulation here...I  need suggestions and I seek a warm climate....and I can speak Spanish well  enough....suggestions? I like it where there is a booming business climate...a lot of expatriates there would help too!

1. Zelkiiro profile image88
      Zelkiiroposted 4 years agoin reply to this

"too much regulation here"

We are talking about the same U.S. here, right?

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I know that when I make profound and fundamental choices about my life, I am always guided by the advice of strangers on internet forums.

1. profile image58
      whoisitposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You seem critical of his decision to ask questions. Must be nice to know everything.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
        psycheskinnerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am not sure what you are projecting on me there.  I was just indicating that this is not a reliable source of information when it comes to very important matters.

1. profile image58
          whoisitposted 4 years agoin reply to this

But it may actually be of help, obviously not from you.

3. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

Most of the real tax havens, such as the Seychelles have very rigid entry requirements, usually requiring a very high level of income.

I have read reports by people who find Thailand a cheap place to live, with minimal taxation, although current situation there is generating warnings for travellers.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

How about Somalia?

5. ketage profile image85
    ketageposted 4 years ago

Depends on what business you are in. Malaysian regulations in the restaurant and cafe industry is pretty relaxed compared to the US. But if you are talking about doing import/export of food into the country it is much more strict then America. More information would be needed if you want a reasonably decent answer.

6. Doodlehead profile image83

whoisit----LOL lovit!   psycheskinner---ok you don't have to get input from strangers on the internet.  As for me, I have gotten some mega useful information on the internet.   Ketage----I was recently offered a  contract out of Malaysia and turned it down.....not enough knowledge yet...and fear of living in that country....based on what?   I have to learn more.  Could be tempting.

1. bBerean profile image61
      bBereanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I wonder if there is a way, based on responses here, that you could tell who the job providers are?  wink

1. ketage profile image85
        ketageposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am half Malaysian and used to live there, If you have any questions about Malaysia, i would be happy to be of service. If the job you were offered was paying a decent salary,I would say take the job. Malaysia is a beautiful country with nice friendly people. The food, ai caramba , dont let me get started on the food. The food is amazing. Malaysia would have been a great experience for you and I am pretty sure you would have liked it.

7. Doodlehead profile image83

bBerean--I have a feeling and think you would agree it is sort of easy to tell!

8. Doodlehead profile image83

Zelkiro----YES!   I feel there is too much regulation here in the US.  Every month I need to spend money and waste hours of my time just to fill out paperwork. It is non-productive, cuts into my time, and takes away from my abiity to hire a part-timer......

9. accountingnerd profile image61
    accountingnerdposted 4 years ago

Hong Kong is a great place to start a business.  However, the cost of living can be expensive and it is overcrowded.

working