jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If you have ever used a realtor how did you decide on which one to use?

1. profile image47
    duffydyerposted 8 years ago

If you have ever used a realtor  how did you decide on which one to use?

2. pendell2 profile image62
    pendell2posted 8 years ago

The saying about Real Estate is that it depends on location, location, location.  We choose real estate agents that are best acquainted with  and do the most marketing of the precise neighborhood in question.

When we we look at real estate listings that are wildly mispriced or sit on the market forever, invariably they are the listings of an agent from a totally different part of town, or a mega-realtor interested only in reaping the commission from putting a property in the MLS.

3. carriegoff profile image71
    carriegoffposted 8 years ago

As a former Realtor, I can tell you that many Realtor are selling one thing: themselves.  There isn't one company that is "better" than the next, it all has to do with the individual people.

That said, most realtor are selling agents, which means, if you are BUYING a house and you go to the listing agent on the house you are interested in, they are required, by law, to represent the seller, not you. They can't tell you anything about the house that might hurt the seller, just like a lawyer can't betray confidences of their clients, no matter how bad the information might be.

If you are thinking of selling a house, go to your local Realtor Association and ask which Real Estate Agent has sold the most houses the past year (if they will tell you), and ask around for peoples' opinions. If you are buying a house, ask every person you can who is a good, honest, hardworking agent and then ask that agent to enter into a Buyer's Agent Agreement that you both sign. That way, your agent represents YOU and your best interests.

That's the biggest thing I learned about Real Estate during my short career: Only the seller is represented by ever Realtor unless you specifically enter into a Buyer's Agreement.

4. Fullerman5000 profile image61
    Fullerman5000posted 7 years ago

it started out in the forms of songs to act as a kind of therapy. then in college, i loved writing essays b/c it came naturally. after that it was a hobby and now i can finally share with others my ideas and thoughts with other fellow writers thanks to hubpages.

5. roym profile image58
    roymposted 5 years ago

Hey..you can check out this article for "tips on choosing a good realtor"

http://tropicanarealtyhomes.net/blog/po … altor.aspx

working