jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

What was your first job?

1. hvsweetie profile image55
    hvsweetieposted 8 years ago

What was your first job?

2. H P Roychoudhury profile image49
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 8 years ago

It is most personal. What kind of job one should do depends upon the individuals’ interest. Of course in dire necessity one has to sacrifice the personal interest.

3. pendell2 profile image63
    pendell2posted 8 years ago

For 7%  of all americans, the answer would be: McDonalds.

For me, throwing newspapers. That was when adolescents, not adults, delivered newspapers, and telephones had dials and cords.

4. bvencill profile image55
    bvencillposted 8 years ago

I was a cashier in a hardware store chain that went bankrupt soon after I was hired.  I don't believe that it was my fault though.

5. gamerjon profile image56
    gamerjonposted 8 years ago

Together with my primary school friend, we were distributing some brochures to passerby along the street. Most just take the brochures and then throw them to the nearest dustbin without looking at it.

6. JamieK profile image61
    JamieKposted 8 years ago

I used to have a paper route with a friend of mine.  It was fun a really fun first time job especially when you are 12.  I remember that I used to think I made a lot of money back then.  Times have definitely changed.

7. Casper021 profile image57
    Casper021posted 8 years ago

I was a furniture sales person, used to get good commissions back in day well I thought it was good at that time

8. profile image0
    annalaurabrownposted 8 years ago

I was a counter clerk at a dry cleaners. It was an okay job although you would be surprised what I found inside people's pockets.

9. johnnyfr profile image56
    johnnyfrposted 8 years ago

Working behind the bar at my local tennis club.

10. darrylcrawford profile image64
    darrylcrawfordposted 8 years ago

As a young teenager I was happy to place candy in the plastic bubble balls and I got paid cash each week. Man that was fun because I could sample all the gum and candy I could. SUGAR RUSH!!! OUCH!! LOL.

11. Didistoyz profile image59
    Didistoyzposted 8 years ago

United States Army straight out of Highschool.  Went to Fort Jackson, S.C. for Basic Training then Germany for permanent duty!  Taught me alot of responsibility thats stuck with me my whole life!

12. GNelson profile image78
    GNelsonposted 8 years ago

Cutting grass and trimming bushes in the summer to get enougth money the go to the movies.

13. emievil profile image80
    emievilposted 8 years ago

Junior auditor in our country's biggest auditing firm. Was hard work - lots of overtime, pay not so good but it taught me a lot of things.

working