I was a recipient of retailation for having reported sexual harassment, I filed

  1. profile image43
    pigeondollposted 8 years ago

    I was a recipient of retailation for having reported sexual harassment, I filed a lawsuit...

    against my schools district and prevailed in Superior Court however now I cannot secure a job in education anywhere in the state. I am 54 year old minority woman, what do I do?

  2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image94
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 8 years ago

    If you are illegally being denied work because of the sexual harrassment (illegal) and standing against it and illegal retaliation, winning in Superior Court, then I advise you to work with your attorney and sue to regain your old position. Once you receive that job and back-pay, the school and district may try to make it uncomfortable to remain employed there. Can you stand up to that as well? An alternative is to ask for a cash settlement instead of your job and back-pay and then work in another field. You might try employment with private schools or even going on television with your story - a private school might see you and call in and offer you a job. Minority and female status, along with winning in Superior Court are to be positives in this sort of circumstance, but winning and working for a system that apllies undue pressure or looks for ways of firing you in future is not acceptable to everyone in your position. Above all right now, speak with yout attorney first.

  3. tools951 profile image43
    tools951posted 8 years ago

    you should evaluate the places you applied to. Did the places did a background check and did your lawsuit appeared or did you tell them? If you are getting denied work from employers a possibitly is the employers consider you a risk to hire because there afraid you might sue them.

    Suing a company and taking them to the Superior court and winning on top of that is serious.

    The best advice i can give you is remain consistent in your job hunt and refuse to give up.

    Good luck!