jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

what was your worst job? Mine was working for an absent minded professor - just

1. elayne001 profile image73
    elayne001posted 8 years ago

what was your worst job? Mine was working for an absent minded professor - just as I got him...

organized he messed it up!!

2. lisaluv9784 profile image83
    lisaluv9784posted 8 years ago

Mine was in a personal care home I once worked in. A man passed away at the breakfast table.I was given the job of getting him out of his pajamas,and cleaning his feet before family showed up.This was after he had passed,not before.It was awful!

3. profile image0
    JeanMeriamposted 8 years ago

I spent 3 days soldering electric components onto motherboards. The boredom almost killed me.

4. GNelson profile image79
    GNelsonposted 8 years ago

Working as a plumbers helper under a retirement home on a broken sewer pipe.  I found different work after that.

5. Cheeky Girl profile image71
    Cheeky Girlposted 8 years ago

It wasn't a paid job, I was a kid helping my grandfather. He had a big old workshed full of rubbish. One horrible day I had to find hundreds of bits of string and put them in batches of same sizes. Good grief. Later he told me he had been pulling my leg. I hated that.

6. Harlan Colt profile image75
    Harlan Coltposted 7 years ago

In 1983, when I was 19 I worked at a Showbiz Pizza place. They hired a new assistant manager, a male in his mid 40's. He was a complete, total hot-headed jerk. He took a female co-worker who was 17 into the walk-in fridge and fondled her breasts and buttocks. She came out crying and put her face in my chest and said she was so scared, and explained what he did. I was furious! I marched into the GM's office and informed him what had happened. A half hour later he calls me back into his office with his new assistant manager present, (who gave me the death eye). The GM looks at me and says, "Harlan, you're fired, get your stuff and get out." I was in complete shock and disbelief.
      On the way out the front door they have a lettered board with everyone's name on it who worked there. The assistant manager's last name was HULL, so I grabbed some letters and added ASS in front of his last name and left.
       When I got home Mr. A** Hull called me on the phone and started cussing me out and threatened to kill me by cutting my throat for my meddling ways. I quickly brought up his perverse letcherous tendencies and that he was lucky I hadn't already beat him half to death. (In those days people often got away sexual harassment, little was seldom done about it).
      Actually, I liked the job until this guy came along. I don't know what ever happened to the girl or Mr. Hull, but the pizza place did go out of business a few years later.

7. manthy profile image75
    manthyposted 6 years ago

Mine was working at Wal-Mart.
    Very Hard work - strange hours and hardly no benefits.
    Although in fairness I must say that I did meet some very nice people there.