i was laid off and the company i worked for said i quit/abandon my job on10/6/08

1. profile image44
    jason21posted 8 years ago

i was laid off and the company i worked for said i quit/abandon my job on10/6/08 but my last...

check says pay period 10/19/08 threw 10/25/08 check date for 10/30/08 is this grounds to get my unemployment even tho the denied me for my unemployment benefits?

2. IdeaMorphist profile image64
    IdeaMorphistposted 8 years ago

Fight it as long as they let you! If you were laid off and did not abandon your job you may qualify.

3. deskjockywriter profile image68
    deskjockywriterposted 8 years ago

Absolutly YES!!! Your best bet is to find an attourney befor you get screwed.. Apply for you benifits, if they are denied to you then you have to make an apeal with in a certain time frame this is how they keep honest people from getting their benifits that are due them. Learning the system takes too long! They know it's confusing how the process works that is another way they keep people from gettng any benifits but they worst trick in the book that they pull is giving benifits and thn taking them away after you have already qualified and they can do that any time they think they need too. My best advice is to hire an attourney that will work on contingency for your case with little to no money down to get started..

working