what to do to find jobs

1. profile image42
    mogano maite tinyposted 8 years ago

what to do to find jobs

2. Island Tropical profile image60
    Island Tropicalposted 8 years ago

Read my hub, 'search for jobs' for details.

3. Springboard profile image81
    Springboardposted 8 years ago

Jobs are everywhere despite a down economy. It just depends on what your needs are, what type of skills you have and/or what credentials you may possess such as a union card or a specialty degree. Start with the Sunday newspaper and check the employment listings. Go to websites such as monster.com, careerbuilder.com, hotjobs.com—one I particularly like, though it is a local one, is milwaukeejobs.com.

Another method I use when job seeking is cold calling. I don't care what any human resources person says about 'not hiring' or 'no calls please.' I don't have anything to lose besides a chance opportunity. When it is my livelihood at stake I will play the job lottery a little bit. It's not my responsibility to determine what fits your company, it's your job to determine how my resume fits your needs or does not. I've gotten many calls doing just that; sending many many resumes, even to companies that are not hiring, and making phone calls using the white pages to companies and outright asking. "Here's what I do, here's what I'm looking for. Do you have anything available? Can I send my resume in the event you may be looking to hire in the near future?"

These things work, and again, there is nothing to lose but an opportunity.