jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What Is Human Resources

1. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

What Is Human Resources

2. profile image0
    Tom Maitlandposted 7 years ago

Human Resources refers to staff management in a company.

Wikipedia explains it as:

"Human resources is a term used to describe the individuals who comprise the workforce of an organization, although it is also applied in labor economics to, for example, business sectors or even whole nations. Human resources is also the name of the function within an organization charged with the overall responsibility for implementing strategies and policies relating to the management of individuals (i.e. the human resources). This function title is often abbreviated to the initials 'HR'."

That's a pretty solid description of it too.

3. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

"Human Resources" is the new (actually now long-established) term for what used to be called "Personnel Departments".

Keep in mind that a resource is something that is used up and the detritus discarded into the trash.

4. NNazir profile image77
    NNazirposted 7 years ago

Simply, HRM is People/Employee Management to achieve organizational objectives..

5. gestion-rh profile image50
    gestion-rhposted 7 years ago

Human resources is taking care of its employee so that they can be the best they could in their jobs.

6. Shivali Sharma profile image49
    Shivali Sharmaposted 3 years ago

Human resource jobs are all about planning and development. The essential segments of HR include bringing suitable resources to the company and managing them. HR professionals serve as the pillars of a successful company because they are the people, who ensure coordination among the teams and employees of different departments. I, too was keen on knowing this topic, and after doing my share of research and talking to my HR friends, I wrote a hub on HR jobs, I hope it would be of some help to people, who wish to know more about the topic...here's the link to my hub http://shivalisharma.hubpages.com/hub/R … g-for-them