jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What inspired you to start an online business, passion or economics?

1. Storytellersrus profile image78
    Storytellersrusposted 7 years ago

What inspired you to start an online business, passion or economics?

How is it working out for you?

2. wvierra profile image61
    wvierraposted 7 years ago

It was economics that pushed me into internet marketing and into writing.

to tell the truth when I was solely focused on making nothing but money online that I was failing miserably, and I only started writing because  it was something that had to be done in the marketing field. I have spent more then two years studying online marketing  from those who are successful and was still struggling.

And let me also stress that I was terrible in my high school years at writing so never took a real interest in it.

So how is it working out for me? Well let me just say when I finally took the focus off of making money or rather wasn't going to try to make money anymore, that's when I started making money. I also took up a real interest in writing and I have gotten so much better at it. Now I write for enjoyment and let the money lay where it may.

3. veejay23 profile image67
    veejay23posted 7 years ago

I  worked for one employer for 26 years in soap manufacturing. All my working years, I thought one day I will retire with enough money and never to worry about cash-flow for the rest of my life. Round year 2000 the business started restructuring and had to downsize in order to make profits.

That is when I started learning about different businesses I could pursue. I tried different types and decided online business will suit me. From 2006, I became an expert in buying "get rich quick" online programs that had zero ROI.

I have learned a lot in my journey and will compile a useful online business manual that will help those who are interested in making "clean money" online.

4. Julian Hooks profile image37
    Julian Hooksposted 7 years ago

Passion more so than economics, simple because I am pretty young and my parents still pay for my schooling and living. But once I graduate I sure will be happy that I wont have to spend hours applying for jobs that don't exist :p

5. Kind Regards profile image74
    Kind Regardsposted 7 years ago

I've lived in a lot of the major cities or the hot spots of the U.S. that may not be cities, but offer fun and interesting places to work.  I've been helping my Mom out as she's gotten older, and in her hometown I couldn't keep up my history of "cool and hip" employment, so I had to find it online.  And I did!  It's great because now I can take it on the road and work anywhere.

6. profile image45
    markjoseph11posted 7 years ago

I think passion is needed to start an online business but knowledge of economics is very important to run online business successfully. So, these two strategies work behind my starting an online business.

working