jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Do you think it is important to build a personal brand in an online business?

1. Pablo_Gonzalez profile image57
    Pablo_Gonzalezposted 7 years ago

Do you think it is important to build a personal brand in an online business?

And if so, how do YOU build your brand?

2. tmgoldmarketing profile image60
    tmgoldmarketingposted 7 years ago

It is extremely important! We were talking about this just tonight and how we did not learn this in our early days of marketing. I now take it very seriously and work hard at it.

3. Hard Drive Dude profile image56
    Hard Drive Dudeposted 7 years ago

It is, if you are looking for long-term business. In order to build a brand you can first of all pick a nice domain name. There are several resources that can be found by searching Google that will make your name sound nice and catchy. Generally the shorter the name, the better because it easier to remember.

Also be sure it's a .com, if not at least a TLD (com,net, and org). Others like .us, .ca, .co.uk might be fine if you are only targeting one region. Don't get something cheap like a .info. Next step would be to get your name out there. Promotion such as article submissions and press releases are a great step.

If you have the money you can buy adspace on popular sites or pay by impressions. You probably don't want to pay by click, just because it's cheaper to get your name out there with impressions and when you have a good ad you can save more money with impressions/banner based advertising.

Have a nice day!

4. Jan Fowler profile image60
    Jan Fowlerposted 7 years ago

Yes, it is quite important. You want to be seen as an authority on your product and someone that people can turn to as a leader in their industry. That is what will attract people to your business and to you.

5. Terje Sannarnes profile image59
    Terje Sannarnesposted 7 years ago

Building a personal brand is important if you want to succeed in online business. I build my brand through my blog and here on Hubpages were I provide free entrepreneur training for people, and with use of social media. Great Question Pablo.

6. Liv Senstad profile image59
    Liv Senstadposted 7 years ago

Yes, I think that is important. You have to build trust and show people where you come from and where you want to go. You should have that in mind when branding yourself- -also have in mind what kind of people you want to attract.

7. ts.erlandsson profile image59
    ts.erlandssonposted 7 years ago

I think that your personal brand is the most importent ting to work with. People must trust you if they should join your buiness

8. Article Magick profile image59
    Article Magickposted 7 years ago

I do think personal branding is important but it has to be real; that's the most important part for me. There are thousands of "mini-gurus" online who have spent a lot more time building their personal brand than they have on actually learning "how" to market online properly - this weakens their credibility and over time leaves them (or will leave them) far behind in terms of knowledge - my advice would be to build your knowledge first; your brand will follow and it will be real this way too! Great question Pablo!

9. jenniryan profile image59
    jenniryanposted 7 years ago

Yes it is important to build your brand so you can express your unique value to the world and what you have to offer. People buy from people they like and trust. Building your brand is about identifiying your core values and creating your brand around that.

10. Mavis Nong profile image59
    Mavis Nongposted 7 years ago

Absolutely important! This is critical if you want to rise above the noise and attract people to you.

11. Salliebb profile image57
    Salliebbposted 7 years ago

i think branding ourself is extrememly important. I am working on mine. Pwople need to recognize you easily and it helps to be branded for google placement.

12. genejr1224 profile image58
    genejr1224posted 7 years ago

Absolutely, You have to define yourself and separate yourself from the masses.

working