jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever screwed up in a job interview?

1. Danielle76 profile image57
    Danielle76posted 7 years ago

Have you ever screwed up in a job interview?

2. Daniel J. Neumann profile image60
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

No. I haven't had many interviews, but I always seem to do well once I calm down. Confidence does wonders. Trick yourself into not doubting yourself all the time. Once you get the job, you can toggle back on your self-criticism module.

Okay. Maybe that only works for androids, but it's worth a shot.

Haha. I'm not an andriod, though. I'm too dumb to know how dumb I am, which, in an odd way, works brilliantly. I think our leaders suffer the same blessing.

Cheers!

3. Danielle76 profile image57
    Danielle76posted 7 years ago

Thanks for the input. Confidence is a big thing for me. I guess the lack of confidence always leaves me tongue tied which can lead to me screwing up the interview

4. SteveoMc profile image75
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

Yes I screwed up a couple of them, but I have had more practice than you young kids.     I have always gone by the basic rule.....be truthful.  It is better for them to know what they are getting from the start.  It hasn't hampered me.

5. FuzzyCookie profile image80
    FuzzyCookieposted 7 years ago

Not yet, but yeah ive been to liek only 4 interviews...all three went great and they offered me a job...  I actually love interviews ..idk its funny.. but i love talking about business and work and stuff ...lol

working