This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

In an interview, how would you answer, "What is your greatest weakness?"

1. jbgunn profile image61
    jbgunnposted 7 years ago

In an interview, how would you answer, "What is your greatest weakness?"

Just want to see people's response, wrote a hub about it here: http://hubpages.com/hub/Interview-Probl … t-Weakness

2. HappyHer profile image60
    HappyHerposted 7 years ago

Chocolate!  Chocolate is my greatest weakness but I've learned how to keep it to break times only and you won't find chocolate finger prints all over my computer screen.  That's really not what they are hoping to hear, they probably want to hear that you are a workaholic or some other "canned" answer, but that will get their attention and put some humor into your interview.

3. Hogan Quick profile image58
    Hogan Quickposted 7 years ago

This is a classic question that you need to always be prepared for.  What you should not do is say something like, "I'm a perfectionist."  What you should do is write down three things that you really feel are your weaknesses, but that you are working on to improve.  An example would be,"my weakness is that I am really shy, but working on being more outgoing and friendly."  Try to come up with weaknesses that will not eliminate you from being selected but are also fairly honest.  Good luck.  Also, don't forget the question about your strengths, which are equally tough to answer without sounding like you are full of yourself.

4. SteveoMc profile image72
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

My greatest weakness is lacking a real retirement plan.  Therefore, I must keep working.  Hopefully, I will be able to save enough money on this job to retire by the time I am 70.

5. mshunt profile image60
    mshuntposted 7 years ago

My greatest weakness is talking to an employee about their personnel hygiene.  Although necessary at times, it's never an enjoyable thing to have to do.

6. dabeaner profile image57
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

I tend to fart loudly and often.  I consider that a disability, so you have to hire me and accommodate my disability by ensuring ample ventilation and sound masking in my cubicle.

But seriously folks, we have a race to the bottom. Prospective employees asked such questions are going to tend to be disgruntled even if hired.  Then the companies wonder why their employees are not giving 110+%. That employer attempt to get "good employees" by asking stupid questions is counterproductive.

See the 'Workplace Reality - The Dilbert Attitude' area at

http://www.bean-d.com/diversions/

7. RunnerJane33 profile image49
    RunnerJane33posted 7 years ago

I think Hogan Quick there has the right idea. It isn't so much that you have a weakness, the interviewer wants to hear how you are working to overcome this weakness.

8. sunduskhan47 profile image57
    sunduskhan47posted 7 years ago

u know...if somebody asks this to me...i would like to answer, my greatest weakness is that i have no weakness

Closed to reply

working