jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Do you think social media will replace email marketing?

1. Katerra profile image68
    Katerraposted 7 years ago

Do you think social media will replace email marketing?

Ben & Jerry's just replaced their 1.5 million email marketing program with social media outreach.

2. David 470 profile image83
    David 470posted 7 years ago

I think the internet continues to change and this is currently the method. Heres a interesting video that you may find useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MRoSX6_ … re=channel

3. Daniel J. Neumann profile image59
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

It won't replace it, but it will certainly rival it until they inevitably combine like telephone, tv, and the internet. Media may become just one medium, someday.

4. paraonline profile image53
    paraonlineposted 7 years ago

At present scenario Social Media is in rapid express then E-mail Marketing. Every one are connecting through Network; connecting people through network is called Social Media..

Internet strategies will change day-day; year -years; like that only the business advertising's are also changing. Best way to advertise your business is through Social Meda.

5. profile image0
    rcmwealth2dayposted 7 years ago

Internet marketing is evolving. Email marketing will not completely disappear because it is still very useful; however, social media allows businesses and advertisers to connect closer with their customers.

People get a ton of emails everyday and many go straight to the spam box; however, with social media, if done correctly, people are able to interact with the company, share ideas, get coupons, discounts and free stuff. Social media is more interactive than an email which I feel can help increase visibility and ultimately sales.

6. profile image43
    maxpoweraffposted 7 years ago

It really depends on what market. Email is more private then social networking. Somethings that you shop for you really dont want other to people to know about but I feel that they go hand in hand. You can use social networking to build email lists and you can use email lists to build your social networking profiles. You need to be everywhere that potential customers are, so in my opinion using both is the way to go and they wont replace each other.

7. homebusinesstips profile image58
    homebusinesstipsposted 7 years ago

I heard somewhere that Steve Jobs interviewed someone for a position at Apple recently and the guy had never used email.
    He did all of his communication through social media!

8. damianmsk profile image56
    damianmskposted 7 years ago

Yes. Email Marketing will become a component of social media marketing campaign.

9. carlgerber profile image56
    carlgerberposted 7 years ago

"Teenagers today consider email to be a “grown-up medium," and not ideal for day-to-day communication with their peers, according to a recent study by the Pew Internet and American Life Project and the University of Michigan."

More and more generation Y consider email passé. They would rather text their friends than use email.

"Teenagers today consider email to be a “grown-up medium," and not ideal for day-to-day communication with their peers"

The above quotes are from an interesting article on these trends here: http://www.technewsdaily.com/teens-lead … mail-0983/

10. Idea Web Design profile image56
    Idea Web Designposted 7 years ago

There's ways to use email and social media marketing in combination with each other. Email can be a little broader scope, such as a newsletter, or even a sales letter designed to reign people in. Facebook, Twitter and other social media accounts can be used on a more regular basis to have a conversation with customers. There is definitely room for both.

11. profile image47
    georgekhaderposted 5 years ago

eMail marketing will never 100% be replaced by Social Media communication. The element of privacy in eMail marketing will always form some sort of attraction to companies and their customers. Additionally, the fact that you can personalize eMail marketing means it will never die.

12. iamnicolerichards profile image59
    iamnicolerichardsposted 5 years ago

I think social media is a nice way of communication but it will never replace email in the formal forms of communication like in contacting a social media consultants.