jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

am i the only one who cant seem to find a job?

1. peacock413 profile image60
    peacock413posted 7 years ago

am i the only one who cant seem to find a job?

ive been working at McDonalds for two an a half years, i want to better my options but i cant seem to find a job

2. Sky321 profile image77
    Sky321posted 7 years ago

I think you will find a better job if you keep looking. One thing I heard was that employers like to hire people who worked at McDonalds because they have great working skills. Have you checked all the job websites in your area? Have you fine tuned your resume? Maybe you could get someone to help you with that. Good luck to you.

3. peacock413 profile image60
    peacock413posted 7 years ago

Thank you  that is good to know. i have a resume but i think the key is to make a better resume and put more emphasis on the skills i have. again thank you smile

4. "Clouds Among Us" profile image67
    "Clouds Among Us"posted 7 years ago

awww, the quasiessential flow of a peacock simply undeniably unhappy with the golden arch of prosperity. Jobs do not come to a person when you simply are tired of making those burgers and sweet tasting fries. One must go out and better themselves, network with new people, attend a job seminar, look at the college boards, keep track of temp agency listings in your area and most of all who and what there hiring for. It has taken some people over a year to just find one job which would provide them with the necessities in obtaining food. At least you have a head start because you’re already working at a job. Use this job as a stepping stone, try and see on this job whether you can be acting manager for a day and place this on your resume. Try and take baby steps instead of leaps and your sure to be rewarded for each step you take, other than that follow me and I will be sure to follow you, tag your it, read my book and get a heads up on life, for your journey has yet to begun.

Read up on "Far From Heaven"

5. dazzlede profile image59
    dazzledeposted 7 years ago

Nope! You are not the only one.
    Check out http://hubpages.com/hub/Job-hunt-is-on

Everyone keeps telling me that something amazing is waiting for me, which is the only thing keeping my hopes up smile and that is the best part about friends.

6. lahoriamplifier profile image35
    lahoriamplifierposted 7 years ago

Well to find a good job you must have some skills

7. Cheeky Girl profile image72
    Cheeky Girlposted 7 years ago

Hy peacock413, I have some hubs on job hunting, I won't link here, cos people don't like linking or promotional stuff. (My profile just click if ya like). There's a few different things you can do. Keep working in MacDonalds, it's a good employer. Do evening classes on something, maybe music or writing-related. I have read 6 of your hubs and you are strong in those areas. Pick courses that suit your strengths, And list some choices of jobs to do with those skills you have that you might like. Rather than pick any old crap, narrow your focus on just the main jobs you will find fulfilling. And as you are working, you could go to college part-time and study a particular field or subject of interest. Get the qualification, stick to your plans, and you'll get there. Talk to a Jobs Guidance counselor, but don't let them sell you any ol' crap, as some try to do that. Also, why haven't you asked friends to get you a job in a company that they work in? That's how most folks get jobs, through people they know or by networking. Don't lose heart. Get family and friends to support and help you.

Best of luck !