jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How important is it to have proper routines in place to live a goal oriented lif

1. sofs profile image83
    sofsposted 7 years ago

How important is it to have proper routines in place to live a goal oriented life?

2. atienza profile image60
    atienzaposted 7 years ago

Most people who achieve their goals have a plan to reach them. In order to work their plan they create a schedule or routine that will make it easier for them to reach their goal(s). Unless a person is naturally timely and organized, trying to get somewhere in life without a routine will be difficult.

Most goals set a routine for you anyway. If you want to have a job or career, you must arrive for work at predetermined times and days. The same applies to school. If you want to be your own boss and start your own business it would be wise to create your own schedule and use it.

For the most part the world operates on routine and regular schedules. Unless you devise some unique plan or become miraculously rich, you'll have a hard time escaping routines and schedules.

3. profile image51
    margebrown72posted 7 years ago

I don't know whether routine is necessarily the most appropriate term for this, to reach ones ultimate you need milestones rather than routine. You may have a routine of things to do to achieve a milestone but it is the importance of reaching those milestones by any means necessary to ensure you stay on track to your ultimate achievement.

4. SIJO1 profile image71
    SIJO1posted 7 years ago

I think when it comes to work and a career i believe its best to have a routine and a plan to follow.
    But in your personal life its best to just be spontaneous how many nights out have you had that were not planned?