jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Why don't you start paying us for the hubs we write?

1. sherrylou57 profile image60
    sherrylou57posted 7 years ago

Why don't you start paying us for the hubs we write?

2. pork22 profile image68
    pork22posted 7 years ago

You can get paid for hubs, but not for simply writing them. Using Google Adwords (and other affiliate programs) hubpages splits the revenue with you. The relationship is really 50/50. Writing hubs provides hub pages with content, but hub pages provides provides you connectivity, an audience and favorable search engine rankings.

3. torchthrower profile image72
    torchthrowerposted 7 years ago

u get paid by affiliates linked to the site.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

I certainly admire your bravado.  I feel like I ought to straight up get paid for my brilliance too.  I saw a link here called "The Payout Chronicles" which featured a fellow named "Misha," who really doesn't write that well, BUT this "Misha" fella understands things about how the internet works that probably you don't, and I definitely do not.  Misha makes $80.00 a day from his not so great hubs. . . .but what IS great about his hubs is that they exist in order to, often, explain to the likes of you and I how he does this.

No, I haven't been reading them.  Yes, I should be reading them.

5. nicehubs profile image40
    nicehubsposted 7 years ago

Hubpages already offers that opportunity to hubbers. If readers click on your links you get affiliate commissions.

6. profile image0
    TransScribblerposted 7 years ago

You get paid by affiliates IF and ONLY if enough people click on the advertisements on your hubs.

In over 600 visits to my hubs, I have had one click on an advertisement. Grand income from writing on HubPages? $0.51AU... $0.60US.
    I am with sherrylou57. If people want our hard work AND exclusive content, they should be paying for it!
    Hmm... Maybe it is time to push the cause. Hubbers Local #1?

7. profile image0
    Frank Sanelloposted 7 years ago

TransScribbler, you're not alone. I've been writing articles for HubPages for months, and so far I've earned a whopping $5, and Hub doesn't pay until you accumulate $10.

We are paid worse than busboy wages because we're considered just another commodity, not human beings, commodities like Hub's office supplies or telephones.

In the 19th and early 20th centuries, when manual laborers were treated like coal or whale oil - to be bought at the lowest price - it launched the Russian Revolution in 1917.

Somebody's getting rich, but it ain't the proletariat! Writers of the Hub Unite! You have only your yokes to lose!

I agree with another Hub writer who says we should unionize!

HubPages is an anachronistic form of 18th century laissez-faire described by Adam Smith. Laissez-faire translates idiomatically as "let the market's invisible hand rule!" or "or don't interfered with the relationship between labor and management.

Aux barricades!

8. Susana S profile image96
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

There are plenty of websites that will pay you upfront for an article - try Demand Studios (who I believe pay $15 per article) or go to the freelance websites such as Elance or Odesk. This is a good way to get paid straight away for an article but you lose any potential for long term residual income (once the article is sold it no longer belongs to you).

You can also try websites that pay a certain amount per page views such as Associated Content. I think it's $1.50 per 1000 unique views.

My own personal experience is that an article can do a whole heap better than $15 on Hubpages. I averaged out that last month each of my hubs earned $7 and of course that's every single month and it's rising steadily too.

I also get a lot more than $1.50 per 1000 views here - it's more like $6.

There are lots of choices so if you don't like having to wait for income you don't have to.

9. kennynext profile image71
    kennynextposted 7 years ago

Writing quality hubs does not guarantee clicks on adsense. Even if you get a lot of traffic does not guarantee money. I think lady luck has a lot of control on who is successful.

10. Chrysoprasus profile image57
    Chrysoprasusposted 7 years ago

there is such sites:

Associated Content - lock my account down
    Constant-COntent - hard to get approved articles. you need to be superb english writer as well as editor

11. IsadoraPandora profile image84
    IsadoraPandoraposted 7 years ago

If Hub Pages starts paying us for our Hubs--you can kiss ease of adding your articles/Hubs good bye.

That would make for a lot of angry Hubbers.

When a company starts paying you for writing, they normally expect better writing than what many people are willing, or able to offer.

Consider Hub Pages more like a Blog--a Blog you don't have to promote as much.

I am making more than a few pennies and I don't have that many Hubs up yet. That is partly because of Hub Pages hosting my writing and bringing up relevant ads.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! lol

12. Timstown profile image73
    Timstownposted 7 years ago

If you want upfront payments, go to another site (Associated Content is supposed to be a good one).   I decided to use Hub Pages because I retain 100% of the rights to my writings so, if I ever decided to pull anything off of here, I could do whatever the heck I want with it.   If they were paying me upfront, I'd lose that right.  Also, only a third (or much less, in many cases) of many of our articles would probably even be accepted for an upfront payment.  And if we're not getting making any money with our articles from Adsense and whatever other means, it means they're not making any money from them either.  Why should they pay for something they wont profit from?

13. profile image0
    archbishop1posted 7 years ago

I do not believe that adding another level of complexity in regards to getting paid for your hubs will help you very much. It would probably just result in another wall that most people will be unwilling to climb. That, in my opinion, is why Misha and some of the others get paid, while the majority of others do not.
    I believe results are the definition of what a good hub is. How can anyone say $80 a day is not a good hub?

Closed to reply

working