jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

1. Rule 1. - The Boss is always right. 2. Rule 2. - If the Boss is wrong, see ru

1. realrazi profile image60
    realraziposted 7 years ago

1. Rule 1. - The Boss is always right.
    2. Rule 2. - If the Boss is wrong, see rule 1.
    R/W?

2. abenetis profile image56
    abenetisposted 7 years ago

Well, this depends on the Boss.
    - If you have one which is more dictatorial, than it might be right.
    - If you have one which is open minded and polite, than it is wrong.

However, I would have the rules adjusted to:
    1. The Boss has the final right to decide what happens.
    2. If the Boss is wrong, blame him for the bad decisions made by him using Rule 1.

3. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Nearly amusing; what's the question?

4. realrazi profile image60
    realraziposted 7 years ago

nearly a question, need some comment either right or wrong...
    anybody can share their thought bout their employer..

5. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 7 years ago

This sounds exactly like the rules in my workplace...only, I am my boss, and I have no employees aside from myself. In any other workplace (aside from maybe military establishments where the boss has to be followed without hesitation) I think it's a pretty counter-productive way to go about things. The boss is there to coordinate what needs to be done, hand out tasks to the people best-suited to do them, and act as a resource if any additional information is needed. Most good bosses acknowledge that the people who work under them have a different perspective on the job at hand, and may have some very useful insight into how things can be done differently/better. True, the boss should always have the final say in what's actually done -- that's why s/he is the boss -- but it should be based on decisions made using a combination of the boss's experience and the workers' input. If that kind of information-sharing isn't going on, it only hurts the company as a whole and prevents the kind of dynamic work environment that keeps people moving forward with increasing efficiency and innovation.

working