how can you be so confident?

1. AlaskaInspired profile image58
    AlaskaInspiredposted 7 years ago

how can you be so confident?

I know that there is much to offer in our life's and opportunities... But I have yet to receive one. I always thought that everyone got that one break to become what they had always dreamed to be. Whether you got your break or not... its never what you dreamed.

2. heathermarie628 profile image80
    heathermarie628posted 7 years ago

I have found in my life that my biggest dreams don't tend to play out according to how I planned them. However, just because you don't get exactly what you dreamed doesn't mean that you have it bad. There is always a positive to focus on, even when everything seems like its falling apart. For example, about a year ago I had a good job (not what I had planned on doing, but a good job that I mostly enjoyed) that payed well and a very independent life. Life was good!! Then, a good friend of mine asked me spontaneously to move across the country to a place neither of us had ever been, where we had no friends or family and I agreed!! I gave up everything I had going for me (my great job, my family, my 9 month old niece, my cats, etc...) for the chance at a different path. So far I have achieved absolutely nothing, I only have a part time job which took me 3 months to find, and we are barely scraping by. But I am happy here! I took a chance that most people are terrified to even consider and I am thriving!! I have made more friends, I have everything I need and I even adopted 2 more cats!! Don't get me wrong, there have been days since we moved that I wanted to dig a hole, crawl into it and never come out, but the good things in life have kept me going.

Its all a matter of perspective and how you view things. I don't have the financial freedom I did a year ago but I have friends, a home and confidence in my future. When we are born, we weren't given a contract saying we were allowed one major break in life, its something we have to find and take advantage of!! It might not be the first thing you find (job, love, etc,..) but there is always something out there!! I'm not a religious person but I do love one saying my mother always said " [God] closes one door so another one can open". I believe this is true and has been so through all my experiences! Chin up and keep your eye on the good things!!!

working