Why do bad things happen to people that don't deserve it?

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (24 posts)
  1. ii3rittles profile image78
    ii3rittlesposted 12 years ago

Why do bad things happen to people that don't deserve it?

2. profile image0
    Marie Brannonposted 12 years ago

because "who deserves what" is a subjective perception based on a person's belief system.

3. profile image0
    klevifushaposted 12 years ago

Because people who believe they don't deserve it are always worried about the outcome. Bad things happen to everyone. However, the ones who do deserve it, don't really give a crap. Therefore, they don't even acknowledge them.

4. LouMacabasco profile image61
    LouMacabascoposted 12 years ago

struggles and hardships are part of life. oftentimes, it happens, to keep a person stronger in life smile

5. Vanessa Anderson profile image60
    Vanessa Andersonposted 12 years ago

Good question, but not one that you should  harp on.  Just try to learn the lesson behind the bad situation, and you'll come out stronger in the end.

6. Zubair Ahmed profile image75
    Zubair Ahmedposted 12 years ago

Bad things happen to people as a test to bring out the best in them.  It is way for you to learn how well you can cope in the face of adversity.  Life's way of training you to become a better person by learning from those bad situations.

7. froch profile image60
    frochposted 12 years ago

In my opinion, "Bad People" has "bad things" too. May "good" people are to much worrying about it? Or may there is law of attraction operating? I do not know.

8. Pollyannalana profile image60
    Pollyannalanaposted 12 years ago

Sometimes it is because they are in the wrong place at the wrong time or it could be they do not have the strength to be their own person to say no when needed or separate themselves even from friends and family that are not going in the right direction. Some things such as children born damaged when born because of what the mother did while pregnant or spouses picking up diseases from cheating mates...it just happens and there should be a law or punishment for it and it would not happen as often I am sure. I guess we could talk this one all day...there are lots of whys and there are some who knows why.

9. Slices of Life profile image68
    Slices of Lifeposted 12 years ago

As God stated, "I am the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End."

This statement describes that God is in all things and God is everything.

God gives not only joy and pleasure, but also gives us pain and suffering, but he does not give such things needlessly and there is a reason for the suffering he has given.

One of the things I think of when I am in pain is, "What is God trying to tell/teach me?"

I understand this is a more spiritual term of answer rather than secular, but I'm not sure what term of answer you desire. So I'm giving you my personal view on it. Thank you for reading.

10. Seeker7 profile image81
    Seeker7posted 12 years ago

I think the simplest answer to that is because 'that's life'. It would be fitting perhaps that only bad things should only happen to bad people, but that's just not the way things work. I also don't believe that any creator is pointing a finger down an picking on people to hurt - life is life and sometimes there is no reasoning to it or any answers, and yes, it can suck at times!

11. GNelson profile image59
    GNelsonposted 12 years ago

Bad things happen to everyone as do good things.

12. edhan profile image38
    edhanposted 12 years ago

Seems to be related to Karma & Merits.

It is the cycle of life. Sometimes it maybe things that the person had done and now it is happening on him/her. You may have heard of people saying it's never rewarding to do good but that's untrue as based on Karma & Merits, it will come as a reward to the person who had done good in different form.

So, do good things and you will deserve good happening.

13. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

For the same reason that good things happen to people that don't deserve it.

14. profile image0
    DilaraMawlaMonzurposted 12 years ago

The natural human tendency when something goes wrong is to react with the rhetoric, 'why does it always happen to me?' To come out of such depression, one must develop a positive attitude toward life and keep moving ahead. I know it is a lot easier to preach than to practice, but still, why not give it a try? We must never despair and keep on hoping for sunshine in our life, and one day things will brighten up!

15. isha gupta profile image58
    isha guptaposted 12 years ago

nothing is bad or nothing is undesearving.....its depend on us how we take it....if we think that thing also have some good thing in that then we never think that i am undesearving for this situation...we should always become ready for every challenges because life have positive and negative both things...

16. Taleb80 profile image80
    Taleb80posted 12 years ago

Maybe he deserve to be stronger, wiser.etc.
    Mostly, these bad things is the road of superiority.
    Who climbs Everest, will not get it easily.
    Being superior is like climbing Everest.
    Who worth to be superior will face bad things.

17. lea86 profile image61
    lea86posted 12 years ago

Everyone on this earth are facing difficulties, and no one is exceptional. It is a truth where human are suffer from their weaknesses. Wealthiest people suffer from emptiness soul and the poverty suffer from materials.No matter less or more, people still suffer, and as long they are living they continue to survive. Bad things are happen whether to the good and bad people.Human are facing difficulties all the times, just that sometimes they feel ease with love, relationships and materials but there are the moments they will have emotionally pain, inner suffering that also called as the 'bad things'; bad things are sometimes their inner turbulent and sensitivity.

18. Stone Gifts profile image62
    Stone Giftsposted 12 years ago

On the contrary, I believe that bad things (as well as good) happen to people only if they deserve it. People just may not realize it.

19. Merlin Fraser profile image60
    Merlin Fraserposted 12 years ago

Probably because Life is Not Fair !

Good thing... Bad things happen to all people, sometimes it may appear there is no balance and perhaps there isn't.  That's life too, we just have to deal with.

20. profile image0
    Robert Veightposted 12 years ago

"Bad" things happen to everyone in this world.  This world is imperfect and even down right evil at times.  Take a look at the first 10 minutes of any news program. 

Like someone already said, bad things happen to everyone, and I believe a follow up question is, "What do you do when it happens?" 

I have seen that those who have a strong faith in God, seem to handle their "bad" things a little better.  They struggle, they question, they hurt, they resent, etc.  But over time, they also are able to become a little more at peace sooner, because they believe in God's better plan for them in the end. 

Unfortunately, pain and suffering are a big part of this world, but understanding the story of man's fall and more importantly, knowing God's plan for salvation, is the great equalizer that provides rest and assurance to  believers. 

Check it out!  smile

21. profile image0
    Saugasfinestposted 12 years ago

Every thing in your life happens for a reason whether its good or bad....

Cliche? I think i would've preferred it more sometimes if i knew it simply was, yet i've been continually proven wrong when the bigger picture in my life unfolded and allowed for me to see the need for the bad to exist just as much as the good.

Whether its from a corny saying like "i wouldn't have known love like yours existed and how much it meant if i didnt break the pattern of hurt and pain i endured in my last relationship to get here" or so many others that apply to more than just relationships.

Bad things dont happen to undeserving people. Life just has a really sick sense of humour when it comes to opening your eyes to things you have yet to learn. Unfortunately sometimes it takes some really dire lessons in life to make us fully understand the weight some of our blessings we easily and casually overlook.

22. selfdefenselesson profile image60
    selfdefenselessonposted 12 years ago

To make them stronger. So they can deal with what comes their way in the future.

23. felicitylovespari profile image40
    felicitylovespariposted 12 years ago

Bad things happened for a reason,all we need is a positive outlook in life despite of bad things that happened.We can't get everything in life and sometimes we get the opposite one but we should look on the other side that there will be good things to come, its just a matter of perception in life,patience for coping the bad things and patience to wait for the good things.

24. Darrell Roberts profile image72
    Darrell Robertsposted 11 years ago

I use to wonder about this all the time.  I use to think why do bad things happen to good people.  Then I learned about Karma.  The soul goes from one body to another body, but that does not mean that their past action have benn forgotten.  The universe/God has the soul embodied so that they could experience the results from previous karma or activities.  So that "Good Person" that something bad has happend to may have been a wretch in their last life. 

I also see it this way, if a person is really "Good" they will overcome what ever challenge that they face and continue to be a godd person and work on becoming a better person.

Best wishes.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)