jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

I was wondering where you get the information for your hubs. Thanks for your hel

1. BooksGalore profile image80
    BooksGaloreposted 7 years ago

I was wondering where you get the information for your hubs. Thanks for your help.

2. meteoboy profile image66
    meteoboyposted 7 years ago

I get informations from books , internet  and from my experience . Also I select topics that are useful and timeless. Greetings from Greece.

3. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

Which hub?

Some, I draw from memory and perspective alone.

Some, involve research.......from various places.  The more you seek to know, the more you learn.

4. GetFitRight profile image62
    GetFitRightposted 7 years ago

A wide combination from personal experience to actual training. Depending on the topic I will sometimes do more research online to complete the article making sure the source is reputable. Well I hope that helps.

www.getfitright.yolasites.com

5. profile image44
    permadiheruposted 7 years ago

i do not know either. i open a web site and there's an advice to join this web page^^v

6. cookibuq profile image60
    cookibuqposted 7 years ago

So far I got info from people, books and experience. want to use more of my imagination too smile

7. JCShelton profile image75
    JCSheltonposted 7 years ago

I too, draw from daily life. However, it is no secret, if you really want to attract readers (especially those outside of Hubpages), the key is finding topics that will perform well with search engines. So, in a sense, I have two categories. Articles that are personal to me and those designed to increase traffic. For those involving traffic (and earnings), I perform keyword research. Look on any basic homepage (msn, yahoo) and look at the trending topics or most searched for. Twitter is another terrific way to see what people are buzzing about.

8. HomeInsights profile image60
    HomeInsightsposted 7 years ago

Although I spend much of my time researching I do also use some spontaneity and post information from knowledge I have already acquired but not shared. I also read a lot so the ideas on topics to write about flows naturally.

9. Right On Time profile image62
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

Old BMW brochures                                      .

10. Crewman6 profile image72
    Crewman6posted 7 years ago

Just my two cents; Like JCShelton, I have two primary sources.  One, is research and hard work based on keyword research.  The other is research and hard work based on an emotional reaction.  Sometimes I get lucky and don't have to research.  But most of the time, I still have to make sure my facts as I remember them are correct.  Sometimes, time changes things.
    Here's two examples:  I love toys.  Cool, high-tech toys especially.  So I find one I like, do a little keyword research, and if the results are good, I research the toy, and write a nice hub about it.  I've done well with this approach.
    The emotional approach doesn't look so much for making money, as fulfilling an emotional need of mine to write about it.  During this Christmas season, I've noticed overwhelmed salespeople being treated poorly by customers.  Now mostly, we're all nice people, but sometimes we get wrapped up in our own problems and just don't think.  So I wrote a hub about being nice.  I can't imagine ever making money from it, but I enjoyed writing it, and the comments it's received.
    It really depends on whether you write for pleasure, or income.  A great way to begin is to use the Hub pages search box above.  Type in things like "Getting started on hubpages", Making money on hubpages", "Choosing a topic".
    There's some great resources here!

working