jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you believe in in-born talent?

1. H P Roychoudhury profile image47
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 7 years ago

2. Jaymeyaroch profile image59
    Jaymeyarochposted 7 years ago

That really depends on what you mean by 'in-born'?

Are you asking about the ability to write with your left hand versus the majority right, or are you talking about both hands?  Double-jointedness?

Or would your question pertain to mental acuity?  Some people seem to be intrinsically better at math, or languages, or art.  Are these people fundamentally different, where they BORN different?

Indeed, I would hope so!  In every way we are all different, all having our own talents that we have due to environmental factors from our development, and emotional factors from our upbringing.  These things combine to show off our best assets.  It is evolution's most beautiful dance.

Of course, you could also be referencing a different sort of talent.  A specific difference that allows some to peer into a world beyond what we see.  To be specific, those talents that allow for clarivoyance, or pre-cognition, or even people who claim to see ghosts.

You see, believing in something does not necessarily open your mind to all the possibilities that human DNA, environmental debris, and emotional references could ever possibly create.  I believe that anything is possible, in a paradoxical loop that includes things that are impossible.

3. Mark Ewbie profile image87
    Mark Ewbieposted 7 years ago

I believe there are a number of aspects - well two - nature and nurture.  So if talking about writing for example then basic brain to start with, and then upbringing, education, experience.  Probably applies to most endeavours - you need a bit of both.

4. Epic Traveller profile image59
    Epic Travellerposted 7 years ago

In born talent? Yes, but there is so much more to live than the talents we are born with. For many of us we do not realize we have these talents till much later in our lives. By that time we might have developed several talents we where not born with just because we strive to be different. But yes in born talent is real only if realized.

working