jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you consider an unemployed person a drain on society if they are filling thei

1. keepitnatural profile image74
    keepitnaturalposted 7 years ago

Do you consider an unemployed person a drain on society if they are filling their time by...

helping others & therefore working for humanity?

2. HeavyGuns profile image82
    HeavyGunsposted 7 years ago

absolutley not I think as long as your doing something with your life. You can be a volunteer fire fighter and thats it. I guess that would be considered unemplyed. I wouldnt consider it a drain on society because you are giving back in some way shape or form

3. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 7 years ago

They are not a drain on society. Most of them would like to be gainfully employed. There are people who do not need to work but do because it is the respectable thing to do.
    If in their unemployment, they turn inward and gain peace, it would have been worth a lifetime of employment, but that is only my opinion.

4. Kobus Hughes profile image39
    Kobus Hughesposted 7 years ago

Not at all. I think that by helping others you provide more value to society than most employed people.

5. rich_hayles profile image56
    rich_haylesposted 7 years ago

Not at all, I agree with the other posters. It is great to see people contributing there time when they are unemployed. The drains on society are the ones that have no intention of working when the state provides for them.

working