Should I sue my comany for an injury caused by poor maintenance or will I compro

1. london55 profile image76
    london55posted 7 years ago

Should I sue my comany for an injury caused by poor maintenance or will I compromise my job?

I slipped on a dirty floor and have been off work with exruciating back pain, but given the current financial climate will I strategically moved from my post or should I just let it go.  I am in the UK and a public sector worker.

2. David78 profile image77
    David78posted 7 years ago

I am not sure how it works in the UK but, I would think it would be similar, most employees have health and employment insurance, here in the states the state insurance is called Labor and Industries L&I.  These insurance cover the cost of job related injuries and time off because of said injury.  Your company should be very careful in laying you off because of a job related injury, should it only be for a short time.  I would at least get it looked at, because if it is a serious injury you don't want to lose the window of opportunity to claim this as job related.

That being said, I am no attorney nor a doctor or even an expert on work related injury insurance, these would just be some of my concerns if i was in your shoe.

Best of luck.

working