jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

If you were to give one piece of advice to someone new to trying to make money o

1. Eve Foss profile image74
    Eve Fossposted 7 years ago

If you were to give one piece of advice to someone new to trying to make money on the Internet, ...

what would it be?

2. profile image0
    akycrawlerposted 7 years ago

Maybe go to the Warrior forum, dont waste alot of time on surveys, never pay to join a work at home program, learn the ins and outs of cpa advertising, join Hubpages, and learn keyword research as it is key to any success online.

3. Vaiebhav profile image79
    Vaiebhavposted 7 years ago

1. Be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day, neither will be your online success.
    2. Content is superking.
    3. As you progress through the day, observe the discussions you have with your family, friends, colleagues, or associates. That will give you many clues about the expertise you can write about.
    4. Use that expertise to solve people's problems.
    5. Read lots of stuff about writing well. "On Writing Well" is a good book to read.
    6. Spend lots of time learning everything about keywords, SEO, Google Keyword Tool, etc.
    7. Don't sacrifice point number 2 in favour of point number 6.

4. medicfrogs profile image77
    medicfrogsposted 7 years ago

I would tell you the same thing that everyone told me when I started (and I can see why now.) Be Patient! Success in this kind of work takes time, lots and lots of time, but if you can tough it out, the rewards will surprise you.

5. rkmintx1 profile image59
    rkmintx1posted 7 years ago

Hmmm, great answers, and all true.  There are many factors involved with successfully making money online.  Endurance, avoiding being scammed, effective marketing, and many others,  I guess I would narrow it down to:

1smile Tenacity - don't quit
    2.) Support - get the proper training
    3.) Learn - learn all you can about ways to improve your chances for success.
    4.) Work Hard - don't expect success to just happen.

6. Brooke Lorren profile image60
    Brooke Lorrenposted 7 years ago

Learn as much as you can.  Never stop learning.  While you're learning, produce content.

I guess that's two pieces of advice.  Also, be patient.  That's three.  Patience is key though, because while you're learning as much as you can and creating as much content as you can, it still takes a while to earn anything substantial.

7. writeido profile image76
    writeidoposted 7 years ago

1. Narrow down your writing niche for successful money making
    2. Develop a Schedule for online writing business as a guide
    3. Age old Online money making guide - The Killer Content - through optimized writing
    4. Optimize, Optimize … Optimize
    5. Be patient if you don't start making money right away.

...and you can read the details about all these points from the Hub that I posted a few days back here...

http://hubpages.com/hub/Online-money-ma … business-1
    (Sorry, I checked the answer rules but did not find anything about posting links in answers, but I'm still putting it there since it answers the question in detail.)
    Welcome to Hub Pages and Happy HUbbing smile

8. mortgage-news profile image61
    mortgage-newsposted 7 years ago

I would join a reputable affiliate network like commission junction and find a company that has a product you are both knowledegable and passionate about.  In order to become a successful affiliate for a company's web site, you need to be able to provide content that will make you look like an authority on the topic.

9. Eve Foss profile image74
    Eve Fossposted 7 years ago

Thanks everyone for the advice! Happy Hubbing!

10. Singular Investor profile image81
    Singular Investorposted 7 years ago

Don't spend any money buying other people ebooks etc... make lots of free blogs on blogger and sign up for Adsense (if you haven't already) then write a lot, get lots of backlinks to your blogs and be patient and don't give up :-)

11. Catching Eye Ltd profile image36
    Catching Eye Ltdposted 7 years ago

Have an experiment and have a hobby.

I started with a blog that I put a lot of time and effort into for a long time... it's something I enjoyed adding to and I didn't care if it made me money, it was just somethng I liked doing.

At the same time I learned more about SEO, organic traffic, monetization, keyword research... and I implemented that into other blogs and niche sites... these were my experiments and some were great, others not so much... but it was a fun little project.

Over a little time (only a few months) I started to see how everything fit together and began to make better more successful sites... all the time my hobby blog, you know, the one I had a passion for... that started to explode!

It was my biggest site and ironically was making me the most money.

There is no short term solution really... just a series of short term solutions that build up to a long term one! As long as you are paying attention and aborbing good advice and information, you WILL succeed... there's no question.

Oh, you've also got to IMPLEMENT the knowledge too :-p But I'm sure you will.

12. ImChemist profile image59
    ImChemistposted 7 years ago

There are alot of ways to make money online ,but if you want to learn your self go to this sites its really will help you.
    1-BlackHatWorld.com
    2-MoneyMakerDiscussion.com
    3-BlackHatTeam.com
    4-digitalPoint.com

working