jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

earnings for canadians

1. profile image0
    Risa Attrellposted 8 years ago

How does it work with google and amazon earnings if you live in canada? Iam in Canada.  I am a US citizen though i reside in Canada.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Canadians are allowed to earn through all the affiliates; AdSense, Amazon and Ebay. You earn the same as those in the US and elsewhere.

2. Shirley Anderson profile image77
    Shirley Andersonposted 8 years ago

Hey Susan, I've been meaning to ask you for at least a year, now.  When you signed up for your AdSense account, did you go through .ca or .com?

Not that it makes any difference, I suppose, just wondered.  Mine is .com, maybe everyone's is.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

It is through .com

1. Shirley Anderson profile image77
      Shirley Andersonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for answering.  Like I said, just wondered if that was the default or I screwed up when signing up for my account.  Doesn't really seem to matter, anyway.

4. Volty profile image62
    Voltyposted 8 years ago

The only real difference is when it comes to tax time

Canadians making $600 or more will have to apply for an ITIN number (something like that) with the US IRS to get the rest of their income from google. Since you're a US citizen though, I'm going to assume that probably doesn't apply to you smile

1. Shirley Anderson profile image77
      Shirley Andersonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I'm Canadian.

5. profile image0
    Risa Attrellposted 8 years ago

Thanks Uninvited Writer. How does it work with taxes? I'm really confused. Am I supposed to send google some kind of tax form, (or do they give you a form to fill out online?) or did i do that when i applied to be an affiliate? I dont remember! And while we're at it, can anyone guess why it says the word 'edit' near my amazon setting? Right near it, it says the word 'SET' which should mean i'm all set. But way off to the right of it, it says 'edit.'  Huh????

working