jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What was your most embarassing job interview moment?

1. the50marathons17 profile image84
    the50marathons17posted 7 years ago

What was your most embarassing job interview moment?

Could have been an awkward moment or question, or anything else that could have been interesting to share with us!

2. Writer David profile image80
    Writer Davidposted 7 years ago

My most embarassing job interview happened during my very first job interview for a job at a local supermarket when I was 15 years old.  The job interviewer was female, who was the assistant manager at the supermarket.  The interview itself went fine and she told me right then and there I was hired.  But, as I got up to leave, she said, "Oh, by the way, young man, when you are on the job, make sure your zipper is zipped up."  Stunned, I looked down and....yes, indeedy.  Turned my back to her and zipped up. From that point, I made it my mission in life to make sure I was "zipped up."

3. the50marathons17 profile image84
    the50marathons17posted 7 years ago

@Writer David

haha very nice story! A good life lesson!

4. TinaTango profile image67
    TinaTangoposted 7 years ago

Thankfully, I have yet to have an embarassing moment at a job interview.  However, I may have one in the near future if I am interviewed to become an assistant manager (keeping my fingers crossed) so be on the lookout!

5. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 7 years ago

I was about to get out of college when I got a interview where I had very little time to prepare for it. The only dress shirt I had was one I "borrowed" from my dad's closet. I put it on with my suit and pushed the excess to the back where my jacket would cover it. That worked but the sleeves were too long. I used rubber bands to hold them up. Again, my jacket would cover them.

As I walked into the interview, one of the rubber bands popped so that one cuff fell down over my hand. I pushed it up but that did no good. It kept slipping down over my hand.

When the interviewer came to get me, I felt the other rubber band pop and this time it tagged me pretty good. I covered the pain up pretty good but now both cuffs wanted to slip down over my hands.

Throughout the interview, I kept pushing the cuffs back up only to have them come right back down. Since I'm a graphic designer and have to show a portfolio, this problem was very obvious. Finally, I reached inside my jacket, grabbed the sleeve, and pulled it up.

On the way out, I knew there was no way I was getting the job but tried to turn it into a positive. That evening I went to the mall, was measured for the right size, and bought a couple of shirts.