jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

My business has had a slow start to the year. I have lost a bit of motivation. A

1. billywilliams51 profile image54
    billywilliams51posted 7 years ago

My business has had a slow start to the year. I have lost a bit of motivation. Any suggestions how I

My business has had a slow start to the year. I have lost a bit of motivation. Any suggestions how I can reivigorate myself mentally?

2. marvin61 profile image41
    marvin61posted 7 years ago

Billy,hello I understand know what you talking about I been there, but don't stay there I started asking God for direction and I started putting God first in all my decision before I made it and also I cut back on some are my business opportunities to just the one that is more productive for me.Now I can see that I am much productive and I can keep up and follow each opportunity.I hope this help you I wish very much success and God Bless you and your family...
    marvinwhiteheadjr

3. marketingskeptic profile image72
    marketingskepticposted 7 years ago

I would suggest taking an entire weekend completely off (as in, don't even think about work) and focus on motivating yourself.

Take some time to reflect on the past. Think about all the things that inspired and motivated you to take the leap of faith and start your own business. What were you passionate about then? What were your dreams and goals? What did you think your business would look like in the future? Then, take a step back and reevaluate where your business stands in comparison to your initial goals.

If there's a lot of work to be done, then good! As long as you can still dream and innovate, then there's a solid chance that your company can grow to new heights. Never allow yourself to just "settle" for what you have now; that's how businesses become stagnant. Believe in yourself and innovate!

4. Colette Morris profile image60
    Colette Morrisposted 7 years ago

It is easy to lose focus and therefore lose motivation. Take time out as MarketingSceptic suggests.  Focus on your why, your reason for starting up your business in the first instance.

What are you doing for personal development?  I found that when I am not being inspired by a book or by a course I am taking it's easy to be demotivated.   

Stick with the 'in' crowd.  Who are the movers and shakers in your business, seek to ask advice and support, I am sure they will not say no.

Hope this helps...

working