jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What is your favorite slow cooker recipe?

1. Robie Benve profile image98
    Robie Benveposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite slow cooker recipe?

I have a brand new Crock Pot a I don't really know what to cook with it - my mom never used it! Any suggestions?

2. smzclark profile image60
    smzclarkposted 6 years ago

Steak casserole tastes best out of a slow cooker...the meat just falls apart in your mouth!

3. RTalloni profile image89
    RTalloniposted 6 years ago

Chili!  The longer it slow cooks, the better it tastes.

4. Gloshei profile image60
    Glosheiposted 6 years ago

A beef curry, the meat is so tender and the slower it is cooked the more flavour soaks in. You can make enough to freeze as well.
    Chicken breasts are brilliant and so tender.

5. WretchedRapture profile image73
    WretchedRaptureposted 6 years ago

A simple roast with a side of mashed potatoes. Makes me hungry just thinking about it!

6. MojoDawg profile image61
    MojoDawgposted 6 years ago

Home made chili, cooked slow with fresh onions and peppers, yum.

7. Jay S profile image61
    Jay Sposted 6 years ago

I take country-style boneless ribs that I have browned in a pan, 1/2 cup honey mustard bbq sauce, 1/2 cup of your favorite bbq sauce, dice up an onion, salt and pepper to taste, 2cups of ginger ale. Put it all in the slow cooker on medium all day. It should fall apart and malt in your mouth

8. larcaustin46 profile image86
    larcaustin46posted 6 years ago

Here's an easy favorite from our kitchen-- http://larcaustin46.hubpages.com/hub/Sl … -Pot-Roast

RealSimple.com has lots of easy, healthy recipes to choose from, as well--have fun with your new toy!

9. Cloverleaf profile image86
    Cloverleafposted 6 years ago

One of the best ways to make beef stew is in a slow cooker/Crock Pot.  Follow my favorite easy beef stew recipe for a delicious and hearty meal that will be ready when you get home from work. read more

10. SmartAndFun profile image97
    SmartAndFunposted 6 years ago

A delicious, economical, make-ahead main dish that feeds a crowd. Use a slow cooker, and there's no fire to light, no wood to soak, no smoker to babysit, and no noxious fumes blowing in your face. read more

11. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image96
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 5 years ago

This delicious slow-cooker recipe for chicken stroganoff is easy to make ahead of time. Your family will love the way it tastes! read more