jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you think your hometown will look like in the year 2050? Jobs, housing,

1. ptosis profile image72
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

What do you think your hometown will look like in the year 2050? Jobs, housing, demographics ....

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4661288_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Ruach Eishposted 6 years ago

Like a nightmare land which there is no end to.

3. john.jackson profile image73
    john.jacksonposted 6 years ago

I doubt it will change too much. When you look at the statistics, physical inventions and proper world-changing inventions have been on the decline, whilst fields like medicine rise in discoveries.

When I try to think what it will be like, how much can it change and what would change? Yeah, technology can get progressively better and more efficient, but after all, we are still the same people with the same needs we have had all of our existence.

One thing that I do think will emerge is a growing eldery population. This may lead to a crisis as the working population declines and we are left having to care for the older generations.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

4. ptosis profile image72
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4667686_f260.jpg

Lets take these two answers from Rauch Eish and john.jackson together to make a nightmarish assualt on old people - like that movie  where @ 40 - you are literally - put to pasture.

Right now the baby boomers are the strongest politcal bloc at this time - they all aorund 65 years old.

With medical advances to keep people alive in hospital beds these baby boomers would all be over 100 years old when a youth revolution (immigrants) sweep though this country & pull the plugs on all these folks "for the good of the  country"

The demographics may be darker than anything we can imagine. With NO or little manufacturing in this country becuase of the world economy globaliztion of exporting work to countries that have slave wages, the entire USA economy  become a service industry  - a disnelyland cheap vacation for Japanese and National Parks owned by the Chinese.

OK - I woke up in a grumpy mood today, I turned off the gas heater yesterday only to find out it's supposed to snow today.

working