This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

If I have an amazing idea for a new kids TV series how do I get the ball rolling

1. keepitnatural profile image72
    keepitnaturalposted 7 years ago

If I have an amazing idea for a new kids TV series how do I get the ball rolling? Is it better to

write a set of books first?

2. GoingOnline profile image60
    GoingOnlineposted 7 years ago

Have you considered doing some sort of youtube video or trying to raise the founding yourself using a social giving website? Just to raise enough interest that you can approach a TV studio with some chances of getting heard. Fill all the copyright stuff first though, just in case.

Of course, books won't hurt either. But by the time they are out maybe kids like something else or is a bad moment to launch because there's a really hard competitor.

3. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 7 years ago

while writing a few books might be helpful, I would focus more on producing a tv script for your first couple of seasons. This is how you'll sell your show to tv producers, through scripts.

I agree with GoingOnling that doing some short youtube series would help your cause greatly smile

You might also consider doing your own web series, and just ignore mainstream tv.

working