What to do when your boss is a jerk?

1. IntimatEvolution profile image79
    IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago

What to do when your boss is a jerk?

I work for a doctor that micro manages every detail, complains about everything because he always assumes the worse, and he always it every inconsistent.  I have tried everything.  What is your advice.  I would really appreciate a hub on this topic please.  I am beside myself.  And I really need the job.  So quitting is not an option.  Oh and I have addressed this matter with him twice already....  So, what do you suggest?

2. simonpeter35 profile image61
    simonpeter35posted 6 years ago

Find another job, but before you go, make him upset as much as you can... lol

3. junkseller profile image85
    junksellerposted 6 years ago

You should have someone in your human resources department that you can speak to about problems you are having with fellow employees, and you should be able to do so in confidence. A person in this role should have experience with this sort of thing and may be able to speak to the boss or offer you some techniques for coping with them. You may also have an anonymous tip-line for reporting workplace complaints.

In the absence of that, you may unfortunately have to just accept that your job is going to suck. There does seem to be an abundance of sucky bosses.

There is another potential option - intentional sabotage. Do little things that you know will irritate him and take secret delight in pissing him off. If he is going to be irritated no matter what you do, you might as well have fun with it.

I could be wrong but it seems like the health field is one of the better areas to be in these days. You could start looking for a new job. Knowing you are doing something to change your situation can perhaps bring enough positive energy to counter-balance the negative work environment until you do find a new position.

working