What's a good gift for nurses after a hospital stay?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 11 years ago

What's a good gift for nurses after a hospital stay?

I had a fantastic group of nurses taking care of me after surgery.  Im trying to think of a good thank you gift to them.

2. Mommiegee profile image75
    Mommiegeeposted 11 years ago

They love gift baskets with goodies or fruit!  I used to work in a hospital and my hubby is a nurse.  Something they all can share.  They really appreciate the little things.  Even a nice card to show your appreciation so they can post it for everyone to see.

Paul Edmondsonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I was hoping someone that knew or was a nurse would respond. I was wondering if a gift they could share was a good idea or if I should get them something each.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think a sharable gift-- along with a written note-- is a good idea. If you are in the hospital and presumably sleeping or "out of it", you might not know everyone who helped you.

3. WorkAtHomeMums profile image86
    WorkAtHomeMumsposted 11 years ago

If you cannot decide on a gift, have you thought about feedback? As in providing feedback.  I did just that after I was in hospital recently  - I had one particular nurse that really went out of her way for me and I made sure that I put pen to paper when I arrived home and sent in some personalised feedback to her (cc to her superiors).  Some people have annual or bi-annual reviews on performance so it may not only help her in the short term but come review time it may be an extra positive for her.  Just an idea...

Paul Edmondsonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I got the official feedback forms from the hospital and will definitely do that.

4. Seeker7 profile image81
    Seeker7posted 11 years ago

From personal experience, we use to love when a patient gave us a small gift of chocolates or sweets - they always go down a treat on the wards. They are also a good gift in the sense that they will keep until all your nurses have come on shift - some can be on days off so it might be a day or so before they are back on duty. More perishable gifts tend to be past their best by the time all staff have returned to work.

5. gredmondson profile image70
    gredmondsonposted 11 years ago

I would say a personal, handwritten, thank you note, accompanied with an Amazon gift card (but check on the gift card to see if its value diminishes after time passes).  If you don't want to go the money route, then the note.

Remember the nurse whose husband has the restaurant?  Go to his restaurant, and tell him what a good nurse his wife was for you.

6. Pauline Davenport profile image60
    Pauline Davenportposted 11 years ago

As nurses we were gratefully accustomed to sharing boxes of chocolates and biscuits donated by grateful patients and their relatives, but one particular gift will always stay in my mind. We looked after a lovely man until he sadly died with us.
    He knew he hadn't long left in this world, and before he died, sent his relatives out to buy a box of Ferroro Rocher chocolates for each nurse  on the ward. That was over 20 years ago, and each time I see those chocolates in the supermarket or eat one I remember him - a beautiful thoughtful gift - everyone was touched by that wonderful gesture

7. erorantes profile image49
    erorantesposted 10 years ago

You can give them flowers, See's candies, thank you note,  ballooms, pizza and drinks, a hug and  a kiss on the forhead  .

8. profile image52
    gracevillanuevaposted 10 years ago

You can give them a cake or any kind of pastry, a thank you card would also be nice..

9. Dvd Zermeno Perez profile image87
    Dvd Zermeno Perezposted 10 years ago

I had a similar problem six months ago and three nurses were really nice with me, I tell them about my appreciation and in a weekend I send them: the Friday some flowers, Saturday a double chocolate cake and the Sunday one of my nieces made some bracelets of plastic flowers to them. They were happy about this gestures and I was happy also, it's hard to think about being a nurse and always being there for other person.

10. Penny G profile image60
    Penny Gposted 9 years ago

A basket of healthy goodies so they can all share it

11. teamrn profile image61
    teamrnposted 9 years ago

Nurses, and this is the policy of most hospitals, cannot accept gifts. What a bummer (! I'm a nurse, too!) as ir is seen that they should not need a gift to do their job. However, I've always seen that it is the patient's right to want to show his/her appreciation for a nurse/s teaching, work, etc; yes, I've 'broken the rules' on occasion!

12. Esther  Strong profile image75
    Esther Strongposted 8 years ago

Lots of verbal thanks and appreciation is always welcome I believe and last time a relative was in hospital, instead of my first thought for a gift (which was chocolates) instead I opted for a gift box containing a variety of mint flavoured sweets - hopefully each nurse will find a flavour they like and I'm guessing not as calorific as chocs, but tasty nonetheless.  Also a thank you card.

13. roselinsojan profile image60
    roselinsojanposted 7 years ago

your good words and gratitude and smile, speak to them when ever you get time.I think it will make them happy.

14. prowritter62 profile image59
    prowritter62posted 7 years ago

My favorite flowers, Birds of Paradise and Ranunculus and sure Cookies plus wonderful smile

15. profile image52
    kellyksposted 6 years ago

If you are confusing to choose appropriate gift for your nurse, I appreciate your courage  to do proper research before choosing suitable gift for your nurse.  I also faced this situation in my life when I was pregnant and during return to home I  want to give a remarkable gift for caring nurse that wins my heart with his sincerity and hardworking to provide step by step guidance to handle critical situation of pregnancy at hospital. I also discuss with my husband to get the best gift for nurse to make this moment special for me. He also searches online about the best remarkable gift for nurse.  At the last I hear the sound of my soul and decide to gift a baby teddy bear having name of my little baby on chest.
    There are lots of gifts available in market that is very important to choose the best memorable gift that is perfect match according to your situation. You can consult with your friend and relative that can give idea the ideal gift for nurse.  The best ideal gift for pregnancy woman stays at hospital for genuine delivery.  You should be very informative to choose memorable ideal gift for nurse to make remarkable this event for your whole life. At the end, you should decision with your heart’s sound that is the perfect gift like baby cartoon to choose the right value Gift item that signal your feeling and emotion to show respect towards nurse for your proper care and help you to handle this situation.
    You can arrange special gift to say special thanks to God and nurse with a single gift. You can gift copper made Gods childhood photo that is real feeling your emotion in caring mother. You have to proper research about the best gift like me after returning to home from hospital stay having God gift baby by special thanks to God.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)