Do you participate in survey paying sites?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)
  1. smanty profile image60
    smantyposted 12 years ago

Do you participate in survey paying sites?

I was thinking about joining a survey site, but I don't want to spend an hour and make a dollar. Writing is different from an hourly job, so I am fine with spending time on it, but a survey job is like an hourly job, and I do not want to be making a dollar an hour.

2. tnvrstar profile image66
    tnvrstarposted 12 years ago

Most of them are scam and not allowed in my country. they works well for UK and US or Canadian citizen

3. ershruti304 profile image60
    ershruti304posted 12 years ago

No, I don't. Earlier I used to but I din't get any payment for the surveys I participated in so now I feel all of them are fraud and restrict myself from participating in them

4. nabeelplus profile image60
    nabeelplusposted 12 years ago

Most of them are scam, i have tried a few but i never found any of them making money.

5. Jinesh07 profile image60
    Jinesh07posted 12 years ago

I have written a hub answering this question and giving a few sites I've had good experiences with, and I've earned a reasonable amount from them. Hope this helps!

6. Seeker7 profile image81
    Seeker7posted 12 years ago

Hi,  I was like one of the responders here and did surveys a lot.

Most are a total waste of time and definate scams. There was one company that certainly offered you lots of surveys, but I would spend 10-20 minutes or longer answering questions only to be screened out and told I wasn't suitable! I'm sure they were using my information but just not willing to pay for it.

One company asked me to test a product for them and join an online community forum to discuss the product. I was paid £75 and told that I had done an excellent job. After this I wasn't getting any surveys and found that they had dropped me from their list.

I only have three survey companies that I do now and they have sweepstakes, prize draws and/or money to earn. But they are upfront and honest that you will not earn huge amounts of money unless you win a prize.

One woman I spoke to on an on-line forum said that she had done surveys for years and earned not bad money. But she claimed to be with 200+ companies???? I don't know how true this is, but I think writing articles, blogging and answering questions is much more enjoyable and probably earns more than surveys. Hope this helps.

7. Ken Barton profile image60
    Ken Bartonposted 12 years ago

I tried survey's too, but couldn't make any money at them either, so i moved on. They were really time consuming anyhow given what they were suppose to, and never did, pay out.

8. American View profile image60
    American Viewposted 12 years ago

You answered yourself. A freind tried it but found out he put way more time than it paid

9. juliannekristine profile image60
    juliannekristineposted 12 years ago

Yes, I do. I subscribe to one survey -taking site.

10. ndaffinee profile image60
    ndaffineeposted 11 years ago

I joined one once and after a year I made about $30. Then again, I wasn't on filling out surveys everyday. Just like with almost anything, it just depends on how you apply yourself. If you do some surveys everyday, who knows, maybe you can make more money. For me, it didn't work out. Half the time I ended up not qualifying for surveys I'd started and other times, I wasn't in the mood to do one. So I eventually gave up on it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)