jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

My boss does not recognise my achievements at work, how can I change this?

1. Savva Pelou profile image71
    Savva Pelouposted 6 years ago

My boss does not recognise my achievements at work, how can I change this?

2. Dawn the Chip profile image59
    Dawn the Chipposted 6 years ago

If you only doing things for recognition, then maybe you are doing things the wrong way.
    Do your work with passion and genuine enthusiasm for yourself, you are far more likely to be noticed then.

3. renegadetory profile image98
    renegadetoryposted 6 years ago

Perhaps your boss just needs to be reminded, and depending on your achievements, if appropriate, you could ask for a raise if that's what you were striving for.  Just be sure to speak to your boss politely, yet confidently when mentioning your achievements.

4. Devika12 profile image60
    Devika12posted 6 years ago

maybe your boss has really high standards and high expectations which you for some reasons are unable to achieve.
    Ask your boss what exactly he wants you to achieve.

5. Cookinmom11 profile image60
    Cookinmom11posted 6 years ago

I had a supervisor once who told us that she would not be able to notice everything we did, she would mostly see the numbers that came up on reports and get an overall idea of our performance in passing through our areas. So she asked us to use our daily to-do list to create a weekly "done" list.  We made our to-do lists each day and prioritized them by emergent/urgent/other. We marked things off as we did them. BUT, we saved them each day. On Friday, we compiled a bulletted list of what we had accomplished during the week and turned it in with our overtime sheets. It helped her know what to say about us on annual reviews, etc.

working