jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

At what point will/did you tell friends/relatives that you're a freelance writer

1. hpedneau profile image74
    hpedneauposted 6 years ago

At what point will/did you tell friends/relatives that you're a freelance writer?

In general, when did you start telling friends,relatives you're a free lance writer? Was it based on pay outs? Followers? Visits to your Hubs?

2. Vinaya Ghimire profile image89
    Vinaya Ghimireposted 6 years ago

I did not tell my father I was a freelancer writer, he just found out. I wrote lots of things but did not make enough money. LOL

3. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 6 years ago

I started telling people when I'd been full-time for about six months and was earning more than my previous job. It still took a while to really feel comfortable saying, "I'm a writer" because of all the connotations that people tie in to that, but now that it's been almost five years full-time I can say it with confidence wink.

4. ubanichijioke profile image78
    ubanichijiokeposted 6 years ago

I ve not told anybody close to me, maybe one day they will find out themselves when am so much made. [hope you understand]

5. profile image0
    Chasukposted 6 years ago

If/when it happens that I earn my living by freelance writing, then I will describe myself as a freelance writer to friends/relatives.

6. Majadez profile image77
    Majadezposted 6 years ago

I didn't!  They just realised that I was writing more and more and spending a lot of time on the computer.  Then, they began to freely read my work as I was posting it online, commenting on it and showing support.