jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think the unemployment rate could be lower?

1. cyoung35 profile image88
    cyoung35posted 6 years ago

Do you think the unemployment rate could be lower?

Do you think people could work but don't because they don't want the low paying jobs that are out there or do you think the unemployment rate is accurate?

2. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

No People are not working because they are not given the opportunity to work. Personally I have been looking for employment for 3 years, I've even applied at coffee shops and donut shops but nobody will hire me.

3. Allen Williams profile image83
    Allen Williamsposted 6 years ago

You will always have a certain amount of people that will not work if they can sit on their buts and collect, but I believe most Americans would take any job if they could get hired.  As long as we allow employers to hire Illegal Immigrants for low wages so they can get cheap labor and take advantage of people, then Americans are not getting jobs that they should have.  The unemployment rate is far from accurate because it doesn't take into account of the unemployed that are no longer collecting benefits.  The true unemployment rate is around 22% if those people were added to the calculation.  The illegals need to go so Americans can get back to work.  We need to have severe penalties for companies that hire illegals.  I would include very harsh fines and imprisonment on the management that is allowing the hiring of illegals.  It would stop the problem immediately and the unemployment rate would go down to around 3%.

4. HERBERT ubaldo profile image60
    HERBERT ubaldoposted 6 years ago

Lowering these days I think because as of now there are many people still in different places of the world that are unemployed..

working