jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why People With Degrees Make Less Monies?

1. shop online fast profile image60
    shop online fastposted 6 years ago

most of the college grads I know make less monies than the college drop-outs

what's up with that?

2. DonDWest profile image63
    DonDWestposted 6 years ago

We work much harder than people with degrees. See what being called stupid your whole childhood/young adulthood life by teachers, professors, the government, your parents, etc. because you're not good at school does for motivation!

3. marwan asmar profile image80
    marwan asmarposted 6 years ago

Unfortunately things in society have been turned upside down. You'll find people with no degrees earning more than those who have them. This is not the general rule but it happens in many people around the world. At times you feel the eduction has been for nothing--its just the waty things are.

4. profile image0
    SmartyPensposted 6 years ago

I do not know any dropouts that make more than college graduates.  If a person has specialized training, such as from the military, then they can have high-paying careers as well.  A college degree shows the world you have studied, have discipline, and are cultured. Going to college just to earn money is the wrong idea but for most it leads to success.

5. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

Success will come to the most driven, not to the one's with the biggest ego.

6. sangre profile image97
    sangreposted 6 years ago

Sometimes people with certain degree's don't use them or now with the way the economy has changed in the last few years a lot of companies won't hire people with good qualifications as they don't have to pay them as much as the other.

Plus I think some people are just more driven to succeed that others, it's all up to you at the end of the day.

7. ubanichijioke profile image79
    ubanichijiokeposted 6 years ago

I think it is wholly dependent on what you studied in college, your sheer determination to succeed and your ability to perform at the work. Thanks

working