Can a management institute really teach you management?

1. samthomasuae profile image66
    samthomasuaeposted 6 years ago

Can a management institute really teach you management?

2. Man from Modesto profile image83
    Man from Modestoposted 6 years ago

I am just finishing a management degree in International Business. Formerly, I have run three businesses, which I owned. I currently operate one. I learned a lot of things that I can use/ am using.

The other, very, very important factor is: confidence. Once you believe you have learned and are capable, it gives you the confidence to go out and do.

Whatever program you are exploring, research their placement rate, and the average incomes of those who have completed their program. If they don't know- they don't care and you should move on to another program.

3. sen.sush23 profile image61
    sen.sush23posted 6 years ago

Like any other discipline, to be able to apply your knowledge you need to have an aptitude to begin with. Management institutes teach you the disciplined way to approach the questions of different business and corporate daily issues and allows you to have a test drive before the real one. Management institutes teach you of the different managing styles and will give you pointers on the qualities necessary for a good manager- but it will not be able to make a Leader out of you, if you lack the leadership skill and attitude.

But management is not about being the leader. A lot of people think it is so, and often we use the two synonymously in the corporate context, but I have realized, and all seasoned managers will agree with me that management is more about being able to identify the leaders.or the team-players and then being able to marry the cog to the wheel. The management institute can equip you with an exercised ability to do it. To better it or to excel, is then left to individual acumen and effort.